GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cweek's not a noob anymore!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/02/05 at 19:31
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Well, it's been a year, but I've finally managed to get out of noob-ness. This is post 300. Must go eat cheese now.

(Edit- What do you mean it's not 10,000 words!!! Crud!!!)

Okay, party's over.
Tue 15/02/05 at 10:33
Regular
and we're all supposed to bow down and respect you, right?
Tue 15/02/05 at 10:31
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
It takes about a day for the system to update the colour.

Hooray- I'm purple!
Tue 15/02/05 at 03:59
Regular
"Can't get enough"
Now that you've got 300 posts and 10000 words, why din't you still get your regular status?
Tue 15/02/05 at 03:59
Regular
"Can't get enough"
Now that you've got 300 posts and 10000 words, why din't you still get your regular status?
Mon 14/02/05 at 21:29
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Yeah, but most people forget after a while. Even before I came onto these forums, it was obvious (thanks to a friend *hint*bessant*hint*) that noobs don't get as much respect as the likes of Rikoss, Hedfix etc. I can understand that. Most newbies just join up, spam spam spam, get banned and never come back. (As a side note, whatever happened to Spazzy McGee?) Obviously if I've been here for over a year, then I've gained more experience than some, but I'm willing to accept my fate. For now.

When I started this thread, I wasn't really thinking, I'll admit that. But as I post this message, my word count has just toppled 10,000. How dramatic, eh?

But noobs do provide some entertainment. zzzz's reviews were hilarious to read, and I spent one evening going through them all and laughing my head off.
Mon 14/02/05 at 14:24
Regular
"..."
Vampyr wrote:
> in fairness though, becuase n00b is not a good status, they get
> encouraged to spam, and then warned and only when they are regulars,
> only for their threads to be closed. :(

Well, regardless of their on-screen stats, I will, personally, consider them a n00b and treat them as such until they earn some respect.
Mon 14/02/05 at 14:20
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Vampyr wrote:
> in fairness though, becuase n00b is not a good status, they get
> encouraged to spam, and then warned and only when they are regulars,
> only for their threads to be closed. :(

That's a good point. I don't spam though and I've never had a thread closed. Although, I just gained 2000 words in under a minute.
Thu 10/02/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Touched!"
cweek you n00b.
Thu 10/02/05 at 13:53
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
in fairness though, becuase n00b is not a good status, they get encouraged to spam, and then warned and only when they are regulars, only for their threads to be closed. :(
Thu 10/02/05 at 13:50
Regular
"..."
Kilgore Trout wrote:
> You realise that if it's taken you 415 days to write 6,519 words, then
> it'll be another 7 and a bit months before you reach regular
> status...?

Meh. I was a very slow poster back in the early days of my account but it didn't even take me that long. I don't know why n00bs get so obsessed about shedding their n00b status. The word/post count thing isn't supposed to be there to encourage people to spam.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.