GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I watched "Wrong Turn" last night"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/02/05 at 17:45
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Classic horror film - dire.

And by classic, I meant it follows the same plot that they all do these days: Two people introduce the flick and get killed by something you can't see. There's a weird man at a petrol station (or a location very similar) who seems to know the plot. The main guy is unnaturally brave and has a gravelly voice. The main woman is always a busty brunette who falls for the forementioned guy. As soon as you meet the principle charcters, you know who will die and in what order. And it will be riddled with cliches. "Wrong Turn" has all of these.

For those who've never seen it; a guy makes a wrong turn crashes into a bunch of strangers who he immediately clicks with, they get hunted by inbred hillbillies, the guy and busty survive in the end and seem to get together. Bless. Keep watching the end credits to see the little clip that comes on mid-way through - and what do you know, the bad guy survived but is horrifically(sp?) burnt.

*Sigh*
Wed 09/02/05 at 18:56
The Hibernator wrote:
> I'm glad it was only eighty minutes long. It's not a good sign, during
> a movie, if you keep looking at the clock...

i thought the film was realy good i couldnt stop watching!
Wed 09/02/05 at 18:14
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Perhaps... but it was totally cliche.
Wed 09/02/05 at 17:56
Regular
The Hibernator wrote:
> And the arrow
> in the cop's eye, yeah right.

I think you're taking the film a bit too seriously.
Wed 09/02/05 at 17:55
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I'm glad it was only eighty minutes long. It's not a good sign, during a movie, if you keep looking at the clock...
Tue 08/02/05 at 20:20
Regular
"8==="
It was more 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' than 'Jeepers Creepers'.

Wasn't expecting the level of gore. It was a bit too simple but for the running time it was ok.
Tue 08/02/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Twenty quid."
"Horrifically".
Tue 08/02/05 at 19:31
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Had they done a stylish hillbillie thriller like "Deliverance" I would've been more impressed. And the arrow in the cop's eye, yeah right.
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:05
Regular
The baddie lived?

Didn't know that.

:-O
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:03
Regular
I liked it.

Predictable deaths and cliches aside, I thought it was much better than most horror films these days.

Even though it did steal most of its ideas from 'The Hills Have Eyes'.
Tue 08/02/05 at 17:45
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Classic horror film - dire.

And by classic, I meant it follows the same plot that they all do these days: Two people introduce the flick and get killed by something you can't see. There's a weird man at a petrol station (or a location very similar) who seems to know the plot. The main guy is unnaturally brave and has a gravelly voice. The main woman is always a busty brunette who falls for the forementioned guy. As soon as you meet the principle charcters, you know who will die and in what order. And it will be riddled with cliches. "Wrong Turn" has all of these.

For those who've never seen it; a guy makes a wrong turn crashes into a bunch of strangers who he immediately clicks with, they get hunted by inbred hillbillies, the guy and busty survive in the end and seem to get together. Bless. Keep watching the end credits to see the little clip that comes on mid-way through - and what do you know, the bad guy survived but is horrifically(sp?) burnt.

*Sigh*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.