GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Embarrassing yourself, Essex stylee."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/02/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So I'm walking up the town, and what should I find in the college, but a couple arguing? Not just your everyday argument though - the man had the woman pinned to the stairs, and that dog won't hunt. So I slowed down, eventualy stopping next to them. The man had already seen me and got up, and then the woman saw me. I was about to ask if everything was OK, but the man got there first: "Hey mate, do you think it's cold out?"...."Huh? Why the stupid question?", I looked at the woman "Is everything alright here?". It clearly wasn't, but she had her chance, and she said "Yes, we're fine". She'd clearly been crying, but she could have said. I don't want to get involved in a domestic, so I carried on walking after giving the man a stare that would give Mohammed Ali the willies.

Later on, after I'd met the girlfriend, I passed a group of ASBO-types in the town, and I recognised one of them. Making eye contact with him, he didn't look away. He knew it was me, so I thought I'd get there first this time. "Yeah mate, it's freezing", what a witty reply to his question that he'd asked earlier whilst arguing with his (now it was lighter) she-hag. "You what...?", "Er, didn't you ask me if it was cold earlier?", "No", "Er...sorry wrong person...". Aaaargh, it was the wrong flipping person! It looked like him, and it looked like her, but once they'd stopped it clearly wasn't! What a fool I am.

Anyway, I explained to my girlfriend why I'd nearly started on a complete stranger. Then when we got outside the couple had made it to the town, still arguing, and pushing each other. Fine, they can stab each other for all I care if they're going to continue like that. And now I have an overwhelming desire to find the chav I gave the reply to, because it's really, really bugging me that he only has half the story. Bah, what a fool.
Sun 13/02/05 at 10:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
darkcrystal wrote:
> I was at Seething Wells. It wasn't so bad.

Why was the well seething? Did someone wee in it?
Sat 12/02/05 at 20:28
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
I was at Seething Wells. It wasn't so bad.
Fri 11/02/05 at 00:55
Regular
"Light of the world"
ShortyUK wrote:
> Lil ginge, are you staying in that block of flats which says kingston
> uni on the side, overlooking the skatepark?
>
> Kingston does have a very bad booze situation, as does virtually all
> of londons towns. Basically the whole of london does. But yeh
> Kingston has those two clubs, the one which was called "the
> works" last time i checked (has been changed so many times now)
> and that other one, oceania (i think).
>
> The only good thing about kingston is that new david lloyd centre
> thingy, with the big screens, bowling and all that. Kinda funny,
> since its putting "options" out of business, which is like
> 2 buildings down from it, which consists of the worst cinema ever,
> the worst club ever, and a main entrance which is hosted by several
> pidgeons which have sneaked inside.

Aw yes the rhotunda I was just there actually in Frangos with the CU celebrating four peoples b'days really lovely there. Especially as wetherspoons over road! I think it may have wooped options butt seeing I NEVER heard of it before. I am shocked;... another cinema?

No my friends are in the Kigston Bridge house.. thats the one in richmond? No I behind knights park one, the nicer smaller residency more like an OAP home rather than student halls! Its cool. (KBH area had a stabbing few wks back to) uh ohhhh
Thu 10/02/05 at 16:22
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
Lil ginge, are you staying in that block of flats which says kingston uni on the side, overlooking the skatepark?

Kingston does have a very bad booze situation, as does virtually all of londons towns. Basically the whole of london does. But yeh Kingston has those two clubs, the one which was called "the works" last time i checked (has been changed so many times now) and that other one, oceania (i think).

The only good thing about kingston is that new david lloyd centre thingy, with the big screens, bowling and all that. Kinda funny, since its putting "options" out of business, which is like 2 buildings down from it, which consists of the worst cinema ever, the worst club ever, and a main entrance which is hosted by several pidgeons which have sneaked inside.
Thu 10/02/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Light of the world"
Hoorah!

How strange - I was going to do a journalism course at harlow but man.. Harlow :S

Plus I decided journalism really isnt my bag (could be who knows)

But creative writing and Drama at Kingston is cool. Kingston - I like alot. Prob rather stay here than go back to wear I live. Though this place is going down hill fast. Gang warfare and all that - and yes the boozing situation is really really bad here with two major clubs

From my halls of res to the high street there are EIGHT pubs... thats only one route theres so many bars to.

But it is a nice place, the market place - pretty architecture and nice posh shops, the river side is great and romantic (even on your own), But man the alcholism rate here is so high!

OO OOO By the way there is rumours that Kingston Uni is buying that bute of a building the Surrey County Mansion thing across from Penhryn Rd??? Its that huge gorgeous white building .. I really hope that becomes ours. Make it slightly more classy than the shabby buildings we use now.
Mon 07/02/05 at 21:38
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
I live really near Kingston (Hampton Court). It has gone down hill from when i used to go there (bout 5 years ago) and it wasnt no prize winning town then either!

Every town is turning into a pikey hotspot, with lanky nike cap bearing idiots trying to instigate violence with just about anyone. Soon as i can im leaving the UK, i've seen enough slanted baseball caps to last a lifetime. Youd think theyd blow off in the slightest breeze!

Britain really has the wrong culture. Drinking is screwing this country over hardcore. You cant go anywhere now on a friday/saturday night without bumping into loads of boozeheads, all making fools out of themselves. I love too drink, but so many people have the wrong idea. People do it to get intoxicated completely, removing themselves from reality, and themselves, until the morning, allowing them to do things they wouldnt normally do. Shows what a depressed, miserable nation we really are.

Put boozing and pikies together, and you get a disgusting mess of puke, blood and urine everywhere, and some nikey caps.

One more thing. Death to pikies everywhere, death to them all!
Mon 07/02/05 at 20:58
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Aw monkey
>
> How I miss Essex from posts like these.. Thankyou for keeping me
> updated so I feel happier whilst at Uni I am lifted from the place.
>
> Though Kingston is getting bad there have been about three stabbings
> and a shooting recently.. Sheesh! Im sure in cases like these my
> little plastic rape alarm will stop the knives and bullets coming my
> way
>
> I am guessing Pitsea? Basildon? Harlow? Either way - good for you for
> not wimping out and walking on by. You gave her a chance.

You go to Kingston Uni? I went there and Harlow College after that. Kingston is miles better.
Mon 07/02/05 at 15:13
Regular
Blank wrote:
> They're all part of the collective, you tell one, you tell them all.

Ahahaha.
Mon 07/02/05 at 15:06
Tip of your keychains is another good one.
Mon 07/02/05 at 15:03
Regular
"Light of the world"
lcarus wrote:
> Lil Ginge wrote:
> Im sure in cases like these my
> little plastic rape alarm will stop the knives and bullets coming my
> way
>
>
> How do those things work, a massive noise when used? I was going to
> get one; purely for safety, of course - but they're only free for
> women. I have to make do with my BB gun.

There not at all just for women - The idea basically isnt that you press a special button and a little ninja man comes out woop assin' your attacker (though this would be so much better I tell you) - Its just something you either pull or push which releases the most horrible deafening screech scaring the ccccrrrraaaaap out of the he/she so they run off in over direction or that other people are alerted..

Carry one incase if you feel it help. I should do but I always forget

I do wrap my hand around my old heavy phone inside my coat sleeve so in the event of a situation i have a reinforced fist ready to clout and run!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.