GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone know..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/02/05 at 12:59
Regular
"Pwned"
...a font website, where you can type in text and choose an arty font for it, like graffiti?
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:56
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
firestarter wrote:
> Do you, or does anyone else know one were you can simply enter an
> html code?

You may want to sign up to invision boards, and let them do the hard work for you [URL]http://invisionfree.com/[/URL] and simply link to it from your own web site.

Hosting your own forum involves a lot more than a few HTML code snippets I'm afraid.
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:27
Regular
"Bicycle"
fire_starter wrote:
> ...a font website, where you can type in text and choose an arty font
> for it, like graffiti?

www.dafont.com ([URL] http://www.dafont.com/en/ [/URL])

Then go to their graffiti selection.
Sat 05/02/05 at 23:02
Regular
"NULL"
I don't know what you mean by "enter an html code". Like I said before, a forum is a big thing - it's not just a few lines. It also needs a server side language - i.e. more than just plain HTML. You can't just add one to your site by sticking a few lines of HTML onto a page.
Sat 05/02/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Pwned"
Yeah, cheers.

Edit: Just tried it and you have to dowload it and upload every single file (there are about 200) to an online web directory, which I can't do. Do you, or does anyone else know one were you can simply enter an html code?
Sat 05/02/05 at 21:05
Regular
"NULL"
phpBB is a forum. Download the file, and follow the instructions to install.
Sat 05/02/05 at 21:04
Regular
"Pwned"
Yeah forums are okay, does that site have a code for a forum? When I looked, it didn't look like it.
Sat 05/02/05 at 20:30
Regular
"NULL"
That's for a forum, not a chatroom. I'm not sure about chat rooms - you asked for chat rooms and forums
Sat 05/02/05 at 19:47
Regular
"Pwned"
I couldn't see any codes/ downloads for chat rooms there.
Sat 05/02/05 at 19:36
Regular
"NULL"
Try phpBB: [URL]http://www.phpbb.com[/URL]

I assume that's what you're looking for. A forum is a fairly large entity - it's not just a few lines of code! Lol.
Sat 05/02/05 at 19:32
Regular
"Pwned"
Also, does anyone know an html code for a chat room/ forum? (or a website that has a code for it?)

One that has a login/ out option and a ban user option would be helpful. And not ad - supported, if possible.

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.