GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best guitar to buy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/02/05 at 00:36
Regular
Hi people,

I have been looking on the internet for a decent guitar to buy.I have seen some very nice gutars like the BC Rich warlock and the Ironbird but I`m not sure if I hould use the internet to uy.As it is big and could get damaged in the post.Should I use The net or use a music shop?You pick so I know where to shop.
Sat 05/02/05 at 18:46
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Yeah, I agree. I started out on a Squier Strat. They play well and are at a good price. The perfect beginners guitar in my opinion. :)
Sat 05/02/05 at 21:03
Regular
"lets go back"
Go to the shop to play them. Find out what you like. Then if you can find it cheaper on the net get it off the net. Otherwise just get it from the shop if its cheap there. If your worried about them getting damaged while being delivered think of this... It had to be delivered from the factory to the shop and has to get from the shop to your house. Dont worry about that side of it.
Sun 06/02/05 at 14:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Yamaha Pacificas play much better than Squier Strats.

In my opinion, they play nicer than Fender USA Strats too...
Sun 06/02/05 at 16:08
Regular
The Pacifica is an awesome guitar, saying that however, i've enver played anything else, so I can't compare.

Just don't let teh salesguy talk you into getting an amp from someone you've never ever heard of, to this day.

Behringer?

Who?
Sun 06/02/05 at 16:25
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Behringer aren't unknowns.
They're quite well known, in fact.
Sun 06/02/05 at 16:27
Regular
I'm planning to order my pacifica next week or so.
Huzzah
Sun 06/02/05 at 16:30
Regular
mermoid wrote:
> Behringer aren't unknowns.
> They're quite well known, in fact.

Well, I haven't ever seen a Behringer amp, or advert for one ever since I bought it, probably.

I couldn't tell you if it was a bad amp though, as I haven't played with anything else.

So, in short, I've only ever played with a Pacifica on a Behringer amp.

So I can't really advise.
Sun 06/02/05 at 17:40
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i don't think i'd ever buy a guitar without playing it first ever again.
i bought a BC Rich Mockingbird from a mail order place (one of the limited editions with the fixed bridge and the 3-a-side headstock) and although it looked the business it was a nightmare to play. neck heavy, quite a poor fingerboard, the set-up was a joke.

it took me about a week of tweaking to get it set up nicely, but i got rid of it pretty quickly and used the cash to buy another les paul :)
Sun 06/02/05 at 17:41
Regular
"you've got a beard"
oh, and amps? buy marshall.

me likey de classics.
Sun 06/02/05 at 20:38
Regular
I`d prefer a marshall amp because a lot of bands use them and they`re known!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.