GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best guitar to buy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/02/05 at 00:36
Regular
Hi people,

I have been looking on the internet for a decent guitar to buy.I have seen some very nice gutars like the BC Rich warlock and the Ironbird but I`m not sure if I hould use the internet to uy.As it is big and could get damaged in the post.Should I use The net or use a music shop?You pick so I know where to shop.
Sun 06/02/05 at 23:34
Regular
"you've got a beard"
yeah, they're pretty good, but they have FAR too much scope on the treble.. it's easy to sound WAY too "twangy"
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:07
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I love the clean sound on Fender amps.
Sun 06/02/05 at 21:27
Regular
This thread has come in handy,thanx for your help ;)
Sun 06/02/05 at 20:44
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Dont buy a fender. Buy and Ibanez.
Get a fender amp though.

Do it.
Sun 06/02/05 at 20:38
Regular
I`d prefer a marshall amp because a lot of bands use them and they`re known!
Sun 06/02/05 at 17:41
Regular
"you've got a beard"
oh, and amps? buy marshall.

me likey de classics.
Sun 06/02/05 at 17:40
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i don't think i'd ever buy a guitar without playing it first ever again.
i bought a BC Rich Mockingbird from a mail order place (one of the limited editions with the fixed bridge and the 3-a-side headstock) and although it looked the business it was a nightmare to play. neck heavy, quite a poor fingerboard, the set-up was a joke.

it took me about a week of tweaking to get it set up nicely, but i got rid of it pretty quickly and used the cash to buy another les paul :)
Sun 06/02/05 at 16:30
Regular
mermoid wrote:
> Behringer aren't unknowns.
> They're quite well known, in fact.

Well, I haven't ever seen a Behringer amp, or advert for one ever since I bought it, probably.

I couldn't tell you if it was a bad amp though, as I haven't played with anything else.

So, in short, I've only ever played with a Pacifica on a Behringer amp.

So I can't really advise.
Sun 06/02/05 at 16:27
Regular
I'm planning to order my pacifica next week or so.
Huzzah
Sun 06/02/05 at 16:25
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Behringer aren't unknowns.
They're quite well known, in fact.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.