GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Using PayPal to accept credit card payments."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/02/05 at 15:43
Regular
Has anyone here had any experience using PayPal as a means of accepting credit card payments on a website?

I must admit I've never used PayPal to buy anything myself - I'm looking for an easy way to accept CC's without applying for an Internet Merchant Account (which is an expensive minefield).

Thanks.
Thu 03/02/05 at 08:49
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
WorldPay is a good alternative and is in partnership with the HSBC iirc.
Thu 03/02/05 at 01:10
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
GWD wrote:
> Thanks for that. I have already looked at Natwest's Fastpay - all
> sounds ok until you see that all your customers will have to sign up
> for a FastPay account which I've read can take a "few days"
> ! Enough to put nearly everyone off...

If I remember correctly, you sign up and you're allowed to make one payment of up to £100, before you can make anymore you have to verify the credit/debit card you used (in the same way that paypal does card verification). May have changed of course.
Wed 02/02/05 at 17:23
Regular
Garin wrote:
> As another thought, see if fastpay.com has anything to offer you.

Thanks for that. I have already looked at Natwest's Fastpay - all sounds ok until you see that all your customers will have to sign up for a FastPay account which I've read can take a "few days" ! Enough to put nearly everyone off...
Wed 02/02/05 at 16:52
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
GWD wrote:
> So in your experience did/does it work ok for you?
>
Well it works yes. Never had any problems with it, but then if you read things like http://www.paypalsucks.com/ it can give you pause for thought.

> "dont trust paypal" - that's part of the problem! But in my
> opinion Nochex look an even worse option. At least paypal provide a
> 'phone number for Customer Service, Nochex look abit underground to
> me.
>

Paypal is the one with the bad rep for customer service btw. :) You find nochex untrustworthy, equally I know of people who have the opposite opinion. Experience has taught me that the only thing you can do to help get past the "confidence/trust" issue is either to offer several options for payment or go the whole way and get yourself a merchant account.

> I believe you can now also buy using PayPal without signing up for an
> account which is a benefit.

You can with nochex too. As another thought, see if fastpay.com has anything to offer you.
Wed 02/02/05 at 16:10
Regular
Garin wrote:
> Yes.
> Answer your question ok? :P
>
> You might look at offering a range of payment methods, eg nochex.com,
> as some people dont trust paypal at all.

So in your experience did/does it work ok for you?

"dont trust paypal" - that's part of the problem! But in my opinion Nochex look an even worse option. At least paypal provide a 'phone number for Customer Service, Nochex look abit underground to me.

I believe you can now also buy using PayPal without signing up for an account which is a benefit.
Wed 02/02/05 at 15:58
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Yes.
Answer your question ok? :P

You might look at offering a range of payment methods, eg nochex.com, as some people dont trust paypal at all.
Wed 02/02/05 at 15:43
Regular
Has anyone here had any experience using PayPal as a means of accepting credit card payments on a website?

I must admit I've never used PayPal to buy anything myself - I'm looking for an easy way to accept CC's without applying for an Internet Merchant Account (which is an expensive minefield).

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.