GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lost in Translation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/01/05 at 21:15
Regular
Hm.

I really really wanted to enjoy this. The first 40 minutes bored me senseless, then Peter Venkman starts talking to the girl and it gets a bit more interesting.

Then.. no, still boring. And an ending I was praying against happening.

Bill Murray was pretty cool, but he was the absolute centrepiece of the entire film, and that on it's own was rubbish.

It wasn't clever, it was hardly funny, it was just two people that met. Generally I expect films I watch to be more exciting than my average day. Mongloid that I am, I could go out and film myself for a day and still triple the amount of insight and humanity that was in that damn movie.

Japan people speak so funny.

I'm so lonely, let's look out a window.
Mon 31/01/05 at 12:26
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Pfft, go watch Dodgeball. That movie really moved me. Yes, it got movement from me. It made me pish myself...weak even for me. I've had about 8 hours sleep over the last 3 days, so I blame it on that.

My lass actually liked watching this film but she says she'd never buy it. I've not seen it - yet. No doubt I will, but it will be without hype ot anticipation, which may be the best way by the sounds of it. That is how I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and I really enjoyed that.
Mon 31/01/05 at 12:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
At least stuff happens in Eternal Sunshine.
Here's the plot for Lost in Translation:

Bill Murray is miserable earning lots selling whiskey to Japan.
Winona Ryder 2 is bored with her affluent life as a photographer's moll.
They meet and feel lost. This is indicated by neon-lit My Bloody Valentine montages.
She goes home.
The End.

wankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwank
Mon 31/01/05 at 12:40
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I've read somewhere (can't find a link) about the meaning of the opening scene where whaddyacall her is wearing the pink underwear and the symbolism behind it.

I argue that it sums up the movie to me perfectly.

Ass.
Mon 31/01/05 at 12:54
Regular
Oh come on, SOMEONE's got to love it? Show yourself!
Mon 31/01/05 at 13:13
Regular
Here's some posts from the imdb.com forums just to balance it out.

"If you didn't like this movie you have no soul."

"If you've ever been in love longing for someone then this movie is anything but boring."

"I think to truly enjoy this film you have to have lived it in some way."

"First, I am a guy: but I really and truly felt like I could have been Charlotte. Not in the sense of a woman or anything. But as a person in general. I have felt the way about my life as she was feeling throughout the movie. What am I doing? Where am I going? Why haven't I done more in my life? Who the hell am I? What have I done with my life?"

"This is a personal film and you have to look deeper into it. I pity those who went in thinking that this was going to be something like Groundhog Day or Stripes."

imdb.com is really good for a laugh.
Mon 31/01/05 at 13:37
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I'm gonna poke my head above the parapet;

I didn't like the movie. At all. However...

It's a triumph of s**tyle over subs**tance. By which i mean the look and feel of the film was absolutely superb. The way it was shot gave it the feel of a waking dream, in much the same way as Virgin Suicides. The difference being that Virgin Suicides was an intriguing film that raised far more ques**tions than it answered. The only ques**tion raised by Los**t in Translation was "how did she get the money for this piece of sh*t movie?"
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:01
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Well... I quite liked it. Didn't have any expectations for it and took it as a little indie movie, not some Oscar-worthy shlockfest. Bill Murray is good in it, Scarlett Johannson is yum, it's got a good soundtrack and there's a few funny bits in it, plus an equal amount of 'ooh, look at the pretty scenery' bits.

Nothing special, but not particularly awful either. Eternal Sunshine is better, but then it's better than most films. Except Dodgeball.
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I enjoyed it, i will watch it again.
Mon 31/01/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Nothing special, but not particularly awful either. Eternal Sunshine
> is better, but then it's better than most films. Except Dodgeball.

You're so like me it's scary. Maybe we're long lost brothers! Would explain a lot. I got the looks and you got the brains of the family.
Mon 31/01/05 at 17:21
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Goatboy wrote:
> wankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwank

Yes I've been told the only good thing about this film was the scene with the woman in the little pants...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.