GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lost in Translation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/01/05 at 21:15
Regular
Hm.

I really really wanted to enjoy this. The first 40 minutes bored me senseless, then Peter Venkman starts talking to the girl and it gets a bit more interesting.

Then.. no, still boring. And an ending I was praying against happening.

Bill Murray was pretty cool, but he was the absolute centrepiece of the entire film, and that on it's own was rubbish.

It wasn't clever, it was hardly funny, it was just two people that met. Generally I expect films I watch to be more exciting than my average day. Mongloid that I am, I could go out and film myself for a day and still triple the amount of insight and humanity that was in that damn movie.

Japan people speak so funny.

I'm so lonely, let's look out a window.
Mon 31/01/05 at 21:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
gerrid wrote:
> I'm betting it was no Groundhog Day.

It wasnt, but Groundhog Day isnt repeatable.
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:47
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I think it would have been much improved if instead of forming a relationship they formed a band. And they could both play bass. Not with a plectrum though, with their fingers.

That'd be good.
Mon 31/01/05 at 18:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's good if you're
(a) A Coppola
(b) A woman that thinks vague = deep
(c) A homosexual
(d) A confused metrosexual
Mon 31/01/05 at 18:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'm betting it was no Groundhog Day.
Mon 31/01/05 at 17:44
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
>
>
> "If you've ever been in love longing for someone then this movie
> is anything but boring."
>
> imdb.com is really good for a laugh.

That's true, one of my best friends lost her partner about a year ago and she absolutely adores this film because it fills her with happiness and hope. So to some people it's beautiful and mesmerising, I guess it just can't reach everyone
Mon 31/01/05 at 17:41
Regular
I didn't really mind it, it's quite a gentle, calm film with occasional bits of humour. I love the guy in the arcade playing the electric guitar who thinks he's really cool, and the huge contrasts you get when he goes to hang out with that Japanese heavy metal band or looks at all the totally bizzare games in the arcade.

The story isn't too bad either, you just get the feeling it's the kind of thing that you'd only care about if it was happening to you.

It's not that bad really, just a bit lifeless at times.
Mon 31/01/05 at 17:25
Regular
"Movie Maniac!!!"
Its soooooo boring.

The only reason I watched it was becasue on the front cover it got 5 stars saying ti was hilarious but I fell [B] ASLEEP!
Mon 31/01/05 at 17:21
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Goatboy wrote:
> wankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwank

Yes I've been told the only good thing about this film was the scene with the woman in the little pants...
Mon 31/01/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Nothing special, but not particularly awful either. Eternal Sunshine
> is better, but then it's better than most films. Except Dodgeball.

You're so like me it's scary. Maybe we're long lost brothers! Would explain a lot. I got the looks and you got the brains of the family.
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I enjoyed it, i will watch it again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.