GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"24 UK discussion thread."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/01/05 at 11:45
Regular
"8==="
Thought we should have a thread for discussion/conjecture as it was fun last time.

Please restrict yourselves to only discussing the episodes that have so far aired on UK tv (ie downloaders keep shtum!).
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:13
Regular
Dammit this sounds really cool?

Is kim not in it then?

Do we just have Chloe and Jack back? Anyone else?
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:16
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> Dammit this sounds really cool?

It seems to be back on form.
>
> Is kim not in it then?

Not yet, but there's no bra-shunning large breasted woman taking her place so she'll probably turn up.
>

> Do we just have Chloe and Jack back? Anyone else?

Chloe and Jack yes. I think the opposition leader from series 3 is now the president but I could be wrong. These republicans all look the same to me.
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:20
Regular
No Dennis Haysbert?

He was a leg end. Although his storylines regarding presidential campaigns and stuff really annoyed me.
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:22
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> No Dennis Haysbert?
>
> He was a leg end.

That's GOT to be deliberate.

No, he's the character I miss the most.

But still having the same president for 12 years or something doesn't happen in America, not unless they steal the first term anyway.
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:26
Regular
Yes it is deliberate. When N64 magazine did the Zelda review they had LEG on one page and END on another. When they printed the two pages in a later issue on the subsciption page and so the pages were seperated slightly and it read "The Leg end of Zelda", I've been saying it since.

Tho others seem to get it from elsewhere.

But surely he could be Jack's friend or somet?
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:29
Regular
"8==="
In the last series he said he hoped to continue in an 'unofficial capacity'. So he may return. In real life ex presidents have a right to get CIA briefings/summaries so if they're being realistic he'll turn up at somepoint when he's been told what's going on.

Unless they say he's died or something.
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:32
Regular
It'll be a massive shame if he's not in it. I might try downloading the episodes again.

When is series 3 being shown on terrestial TV?
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:35
Regular
I just read this at bbc.co.uk/cult

It might contain spoilers, I dunno, but it sounds great and with guest apperances from old favourites. I still long for the return of George Mason. Berkley to return!

Drummed out of CTU for his drug problem last season, Jack Bauer begins his latest disastrous day 18 months later, working for Defence Secretary Heller – and sleeping with his daughter.

He seems happy, contented, and oblivious to the fact that less than two hours later he'll find himself kneecapping terrorists, chained to a railing while his partner lies bleeding to death on the floor or capturing a killer at the dry cleaners by remote control.

This is very much all-new 24, with very little from seasons 1-3 remaining. President Palmer hasn't been re-elected, Tony and Michelle are working elsewhere and ditzy Kim has probably forgotten to turn up. Either that or she's trapped in her bathroom with a cougar.

Thankfully, the real treasure of season three has kept her job. Grumpy computer whiz Chloe, played by Mary Lynn Rajskub, sulks and snipes her way through proceedings, injecting some much-needed black humour into the show.

New to the cast is Lucas Haas, who once played the little boy who witnessed the murder in, er, Witness. This time he witnesses several murders after he discovers terrorists tampering with the internet. Whether or not Jack will take him to Pennsylvania and help build a barn with the Amish later in the day remains to be seen.

As ever, 24 is packed with feature film-quality set-pieces, from an horrific train crash at the start of the episode to the spectacular kidnap of Heller by rocket launcher-wielding thugs. There's also a lot of senseless killing which, while gruesome to watch, ensures the viewer doesn't take events lightly.

Four years on, 24 shows no signs of running out of steam. Whilst it's a wrench to lose so many of the regular cast, rumours of guest appearances by old favourites abound and Keifer Sutherland still dominates the proceedings brilliantly, securing his status as US TV's finest leading man. We can't wait to see what the next 22 hours have in store.
Tue 01/02/05 at 07:53
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> It'll be a massive shame if he's not in it. I might try downloading
> the episodes again.
>
> When is series 3 being shown on terrestial TV?

Sky have the terrestrial rights, I believe, and so it could be a while. Oh, and for the not-as-dedicated 24 fans, Palmer's opposition is called President John Keeler now ;0)
Wed 02/02/05 at 11:09
Regular
"8==="
Saw Tony's bird in CSI LV last night.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.