GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a crazy, messed up country"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/01/05 at 01:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
So I was watching Queen of the Damned (against my will) tonight, when the adverts came on, adverts which were incidentally better than the actual film. But one struck me as very odd. An advert for the TV footage of Michael Jackson's court case.

A child molestation case.
On TV.
Advertised as entertainment.
Child molestation as entertainment.
Kiddy-fiddling on prime time.
Mouth-breathers rubbernecking car-crash TV.

"But... but he's famous! A famous person might have done something bad!" you say. How is this different from the thousands of cases of reported child molestation that happen every month (that's just a randomly guessed number, but I won't be wrong). And who on earth thought I would ever want to watch it unfold on television? Do people get kicks from this sort of thing?

Sad thing is, loads of people will tune in to watch, most likely to gawp open-mouthed at a circus freak in the dock while forgetting that underneath all the media coverage and press hysteria, something very serious may well have happened.

Chris Morris had it right all those years ago. Whoever is running ITV may very well be a roboplegic wrongcock, bent on your kids.
Mon 31/01/05 at 13:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
It was? Man, I'm sloooooow today.

Sorry, my bad.
Mon 31/01/05 at 13:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Thought that was blatantly sarcastic as well but i guess not.

Twas a joke
Mon 31/01/05 at 13:47
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Kawada wrote:

> the glove didn't fit so they had to acquit. Blatantly innocent

Heh. Yeah, sure he was. I mean, obviously the glove completely proved it. Nice to see that Cochrane's "infobyte" style of law has stuck in someones mind...

Way I see it, if the cops who beat Rodney King can be found Not Guilty, then OJ's Not Guilty was just a means to balance that out.

Also, lest ye forget, OJ was found to be liable for the deaths in a Civil Court. Not really that blatantly innocent, is he?
Mon 31/01/05 at 13:39
Regular
"8==="
"Now I'm gonna find the real killer"
Mon 31/01/05 at 13:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Very_Metal wrote:
> despite being blatantly guilty.
>
> damn that chewbacca defense.

the glove didn't fit so they had to acquit. Blatantly innocent
Mon 31/01/05 at 12:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Off the wall" yeah, not against - that'll learn me to type after being awake too many hours.

This whole thing is a product of those asinine "celeb" mags that invite you into their rented homes with airbrushed pics of a happy couple fawning over each other.
Who really needs to know how a weathergirl spends her holiday time?
Some people have too much free time.
Mon 31/01/05 at 10:05
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Goatboy wrote:
> Anybody that has any interest in the man outside of "Well
> Thriller & Against the wall were good but's he sucks now"
> needs to seek help and stop watching television and stop reading so
> many YEAH! CHRIST! and similar 'celeb' gossip mags

Oi, you. YEAH! is my bible, I won't hear a word said against it...
Mon 31/01/05 at 09:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Goatboy wrote:
> But he looks funny!!!!! He must've done something!!!!!
>
> Anybody that has any interest in the man outside of "Well
> Thriller & Against the wall were good but's he sucks now"

I'm sure you meant Off the Wall, but Against the Wall might prove quite prophetic should he be found guilty.

The Sun were ripping into him this morning, calling him malicious, false, ugly and pathetic. Talk about trial by media huh, no such thing as innocent until proven guilty in the red tops.
Mon 31/01/05 at 01:30
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Paradox: wrote:
> I think that if it's proved that he molested all those kids it'll
> become cool and everyone will start doing it because he's a role
> model.

Worked with the Moonwalk, I don't see why it wouldn't with that.
Sun 30/01/05 at 23:06
Regular
"She told me she was 24"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.