GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a crazy, messed up country"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/01/05 at 01:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
So I was watching Queen of the Damned (against my will) tonight, when the adverts came on, adverts which were incidentally better than the actual film. But one struck me as very odd. An advert for the TV footage of Michael Jackson's court case.

A child molestation case.
On TV.
Advertised as entertainment.
Child molestation as entertainment.
Kiddy-fiddling on prime time.
Mouth-breathers rubbernecking car-crash TV.

"But... but he's famous! A famous person might have done something bad!" you say. How is this different from the thousands of cases of reported child molestation that happen every month (that's just a randomly guessed number, but I won't be wrong). And who on earth thought I would ever want to watch it unfold on television? Do people get kicks from this sort of thing?

Sad thing is, loads of people will tune in to watch, most likely to gawp open-mouthed at a circus freak in the dock while forgetting that underneath all the media coverage and press hysteria, something very serious may well have happened.

Chris Morris had it right all those years ago. Whoever is running ITV may very well be a roboplegic wrongcock, bent on your kids.
Sun 30/01/05 at 01:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
So I was watching Queen of the Damned (against my will) tonight, when the adverts came on, adverts which were incidentally better than the actual film. But one struck me as very odd. An advert for the TV footage of Michael Jackson's court case.

A child molestation case.
On TV.
Advertised as entertainment.
Child molestation as entertainment.
Kiddy-fiddling on prime time.
Mouth-breathers rubbernecking car-crash TV.

"But... but he's famous! A famous person might have done something bad!" you say. How is this different from the thousands of cases of reported child molestation that happen every month (that's just a randomly guessed number, but I won't be wrong). And who on earth thought I would ever want to watch it unfold on television? Do people get kicks from this sort of thing?

Sad thing is, loads of people will tune in to watch, most likely to gawp open-mouthed at a circus freak in the dock while forgetting that underneath all the media coverage and press hysteria, something very serious may well have happened.

Chris Morris had it right all those years ago. Whoever is running ITV may very well be a roboplegic wrongcock, bent on your kids.
Sun 30/01/05 at 10:47
Regular
The thing is, people like to see that sort of thing.

I know child molestation is sick and what not, but over the past year or so you must of heard some stupid joke, or heard someone talking about it, or had a conversation about it.

This mass hysteria that has been generated over the past year or so is just being 'cashed in' on by broadcasters.

You know why? Michael Jackson is a freak, a pure and utter freak, ever since he had that interview with Martin Bashir, dangled his kid over a balcony, it's been spoon-fed into peoples minds that Michael Jackson is something to be curious about. He has a plastic face, he sleeps with his kids; who would do that sort of thing?

To be honest, I bet this TV show will hold no resemblance to child molestering at all, it's just something to pull the masses in for ratings, edited to ensure that 'Jackson interest never goes away.

Edit: There again, I can see your point of it could of been something serious, Michael might of done something serious, cashing in on the ordeal is a bit blasphemous.
Sun 30/01/05 at 11:25
Regular
"8==="
Is it live on TV or something?

If it is then I suppose it could be argued that he has nothing to fear if he's not guilty.

I suppose people can see the proceedings carried out and the world can see that he's not/is being framed (although the prosecutor really is out to get him - evidence or not).

Happened before with O.J. Simpson I think.
Sun 30/01/05 at 11:39
Regular
Yeah, he was tried for murder and it was all televised.
He was found innocent though.

A humourous story about OJ Simspon, James Cameron originally thought of casting him as the Terminator, but decided that he was too nice a guy to do so.

Anyway, you'd have to be stupid not to realise that the public are interested in this trial.
It's been well over a year since he was arrested, and the stories have just been building up since.
No-one cares about other molestors cases because they've never heard of him, but then you've got someone whom everyone has heard of, would recognise and has been on TV/Radio for decades, so why wouldn't public interest build for such a thing?
Sun 30/01/05 at 18:09
Regular
"you've got a beard"
munn wrote:
> Yeah, he was tried for murder and it was all televised.
> He was found innocent though.

despite being blatantly guilty.

damn that chewbacca defense.
Sun 30/01/05 at 20:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
But he looks funny!!!!! He must've done something!!!!!

Anybody that has any interest in the man outside of "Well Thriller & Against the wall were good but's he sucks now" needs to seek help and stop watching television and stop reading so many YEAH! CHRIST! and similar 'celeb' gossip mags
Sun 30/01/05 at 21:11
Regular
"SOUP!"
I think that if it's proved that he molested all those kids it'll become cool and everyone will start doing it because he's a role model.

"I swear, I didn't know she was 3!"
Sun 30/01/05 at 23:06
Regular
"She told me she was 24"
Mon 31/01/05 at 01:30
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Paradox: wrote:
> I think that if it's proved that he molested all those kids it'll
> become cool and everyone will start doing it because he's a role
> model.

Worked with the Moonwalk, I don't see why it wouldn't with that.
Mon 31/01/05 at 09:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Goatboy wrote:
> But he looks funny!!!!! He must've done something!!!!!
>
> Anybody that has any interest in the man outside of "Well
> Thriller & Against the wall were good but's he sucks now"

I'm sure you meant Off the Wall, but Against the Wall might prove quite prophetic should he be found guilty.

The Sun were ripping into him this morning, calling him malicious, false, ugly and pathetic. Talk about trial by media huh, no such thing as innocent until proven guilty in the red tops.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.