GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Internet Explorer is down! I repeat Internet Explorer is down! Any ideas?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/01/05 at 09:17
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
My internet connection is fine. I can download, send and receive e-mails and use internet programs like MSN but browsing the internet is very odd. When the computer is first switched on IE will work with no problems for almost exactly 10 mins before bringing up the standard "Internt doesn't work, Your fault not ours" message. I have tried using other program including Mozilla and Opera but they react in the same way. If anyone else has had this problem and knows what it is caused by or if you want to take a guess as what i need to do please leave a post below. I've also tried system restore, to no avail.
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:12
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ah well. I was just saying.
Sun 06/02/05 at 12:43
Coming back to the problem:

Colin, if website access isn't available on IE, Mozilla AND Opera, then it's obvious the problem is more likely NOT to do with choice of browser. That's what I was getting at, hence the quoting at the end in case you needed that extra little help.
Sun 06/02/05 at 10:49
Regular
"\\"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Mozilla = web suite. browser, email, chat, newsgroups, etc
>
> Firefox = JUST a browser. (the same browser in Mozilla)
Sun 06/02/05 at 10:45
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hazelld wrote:
> Yes they are!
> The company is Mozilla and the program name is Firefox

Mozilla make Firefox but they also make a browser called "Mozilla" or something.

Different, foo'.
Sun 06/02/05 at 10:03
Regular
For a bit of history on Mozilla [URL]http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?MozillaBrowser[/URL].

The name Mozilla is derived from creating a Mosaic killer application - hence Mozilla (Mosaic being the first graphic web browser).

It's a sad fact but I can remember using Mosaic (from Spyglass) in the early 90's (that's the last century for some of our younger readers!) when I started on the internet with Compuserve.

All the modern browsers are based on the Mozilla user agent - if you have access to your website logs you can see IE6 shows up as Mozilla/4.0

zzz,zzz,zzz Time for a nap...
Sat 05/02/05 at 18:16
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Mozilla = web suite. browser, email, chat, newsgroups, etc

Firefox = JUST a browser.

they use the same rendering engine though i believe. Firefox is essentially the browser part of the mozilla suite that's been isolated and developed.
and very nice it is too.
Sat 05/02/05 at 15:27
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Hazelld wrote:
> Yes they are!
> The company is Mozilla and the program name is Firefox

Nope.

It's the Mozilla Corp. or soemthing like that and they have a browser named Mozilla. Because Mozilla is open source someone (can't remember his name) has got the source of Mozilla and made another browser from it that takes all the best bits and puts them into a new browser, Firefox.
Sat 05/02/05 at 15:19
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
Yes they are!
The company is Mozilla and the program name is Firefox
Sat 29/01/05 at 21:41
Regular
"Bicycle"
lcarus wrote:
> Coin wrote:
> >Internet Explorer is down! I repeat Internet Explorer is down!
> Any
> ideas?
>
> I've got an idea.
>
> [URL]http://www.getfirefox.com/ [/URL]
>
> Not the right one either.
>
> Hazelld wrote:
> I have tried using other program including Mozilla and Opera
> but they react in the same way.

Mozi and Firefox ain't the same browser.
Sat 29/01/05 at 15:30
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
Have checked for spyware but there is all ways going to be some tucked away. Using AdAware. Just seems odd that internet browsing would be disabled and not internet access. Useally spyware takes out everything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.