GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question about Sky Box Office"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/01/05 at 16:56
Regular
"AFC 4EVA"
I am ordering The Rumble on Sky Box Office on Sunday (chnl 770) and was wondering 2 things:
1. Can I tape it or will it just tape a blank screen as my coz. gave me half the money to watch it and he wanted it taped as he won't be able to see it.
and 2. If I order the Event for Sunday live, then do i have to pay to watch the replays or are they free?

Thanks.
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:29
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> positive. it tapes raw and everything just fine, it's only box office
> that does it.

That is really weird. Maybe it's the ghost of Vince McMahon sr...
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:11
Regular
"you've got a beard"
positive. it tapes raw and everything just fine, it's only box office that does it.
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:03
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> well, i taped it and.. the colour is nuts. but watchable :)

Sure that's not a problem with the video recorder itself?
Mon 31/01/05 at 13:46
Regular
"you've got a beard"
well, i taped it and.. the colour is nuts. but watchable :)
Sat 29/01/05 at 13:48
Regular
"8==="
That's the sort of thing that I meant. :)

'After 7 days' eh? Cheeky gits.
Sat 29/01/05 at 09:42
Regular
I checked with a mate who has Sky+, and he told me some interesting info. He said that you can record an SBO event onto your Sky+ box, but it auto-deletes after 7 days.

Naturally, I'll be recording Sundays Rumble to my superior DVD recorder.
Fri 28/01/05 at 21:46
Regular
"8==="
Reefer wrote:
>
> And how would a digital signal create a problem?

Because recording to digital boxes is more complicated and much more open to a machine picking up a encryption signal which tells it not to record. You'd need a sophisticated VCR to have the same troubles with VCR recording.
Fri 28/01/05 at 14:44
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
i thought you had to pay for the replays.. but then again GO is usually right
Fri 28/01/05 at 07:23
Regular
People were dubious as to it working, as it's been long reported that Sky have used encryption on their Box Office presentations, in a method similar to Macrovision on DVDs. I've heard reports that all of the SBO films are encrypter, but having never ordered a film, I can't vouch.

And how would a digital signal create a problem? I've got a DVD recorder, and it records SBO events great. Obviously, I can imagine Sky+ not allowing the recording of SBO events.
Fri 28/01/05 at 01:12
Regular
"8==="
If you send the signal through a VCR and then back into the TV it should tape (I don't understand why it wouldn't, but if some could explain why then I'd be grateful).

If you're recording onto a digital medium/tivo/sky+ then things might not work out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.