GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS March 11th, £99 oh and a Baseball game"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/01/05 at 15:18
Regular
So the DS is to be released March 11th and will cost about £100 pretty good. Games retailing at about £29.99 is a bit annoying. Oh well. The console comes bundled with the demo of Metroid Prime: Hunters, so pretty good.

Nice and expected.

What is slightly odd is this new Gamecube game "Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball" developed by Exile Interactive and Nintendo. A fully licenses baseball game that seems to go along with Mario Baseball. A bit like that Golf game that went with Mario Golf last year.

Nintendo developing their own sports brands is pretty good. Would love to see a footy title from them.

I did a bit of digging and Exile Interactive have never developed for Nintendo before. They once worked with SEGA for the 2K series of games, which are also baseball games. Apparently they are the best baseball games around too and have appeard on PS2 and X-box as the SEGA sports titles were canned on the Gamecube.

They also developed Toxic Grind for the X-box.

It is interesting that Nintendo has been slapped on the title, perhaps this'll prove to be a new Nintendo series of games. No European release date announced yet but the game is due for April in America.
Thu 27/01/05 at 15:18
Regular
So the DS is to be released March 11th and will cost about £100 pretty good. Games retailing at about £29.99 is a bit annoying. Oh well. The console comes bundled with the demo of Metroid Prime: Hunters, so pretty good.

Nice and expected.

What is slightly odd is this new Gamecube game "Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball" developed by Exile Interactive and Nintendo. A fully licenses baseball game that seems to go along with Mario Baseball. A bit like that Golf game that went with Mario Golf last year.

Nintendo developing their own sports brands is pretty good. Would love to see a footy title from them.

I did a bit of digging and Exile Interactive have never developed for Nintendo before. They once worked with SEGA for the 2K series of games, which are also baseball games. Apparently they are the best baseball games around too and have appeard on PS2 and X-box as the SEGA sports titles were canned on the Gamecube.

They also developed Toxic Grind for the X-box.

It is interesting that Nintendo has been slapped on the title, perhaps this'll prove to be a new Nintendo series of games. No European release date announced yet but the game is due for April in America.
Thu 27/01/05 at 15:23
Regular
£99?

Not too bad I suppose then.

Nice and affordable, exactly what we want to hear.
Thu 27/01/05 at 15:23
"period drama"
Dringo wrote:
> So the DS is to be £100 and will cost about £100 pretty
> good.

?
Thu 27/01/05 at 15:59
Tscore05: 99£? Ahahaha, PSP will be a few pounds cheaper but with a BIGGER SCREEN. Eat mud, Nintendo scum!
Thu 27/01/05 at 16:06
Regular
"Two year break!"
The PSP most definitely will not be cheaper than the DS!!!
Thu 27/01/05 at 16:15
Regular
"I'm Great."
The price sounds pretty good to me. May be worth getting one once there is a UK released. Any news on the date? By the time I have a reply I will more than likely have found a date but just in case...
Thu 27/01/05 at 16:31
Regular
"thursdayton!"
That date is before the PSPs, right?
Thu 27/01/05 at 16:35
"period drama"
Yup. About a month or so I think.
Thu 27/01/05 at 16:36
"period drama"
And the PSP (see the News Monkey stuff) might have a load of crappy pointless pocket-PC-style shatplications put on it for the launch over here.
Thu 27/01/05 at 16:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Apparently PSP is March 25th.

£29.99 means that online, games will be about £25. Dont forget that the puzzle games etc will only be £20. £100 is good, abaout the price for import. Seems Nintendo haven't screwed up this launch, yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.