GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband switch advice/help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/01/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I've been with Pipex for nearly 2 years now and am happy with their reliability - it hasn't failed a single time. But, I've noticed other people offering cheaper packages and faster speeds, so I did a bit of research and have come up with some alternatives:

Prodigy Networks
1Mbps / £28
2Mbps / £38

Plus Net
1Mbps / £30
2Mbps / £40

Telewest Broadband
1Mbps / £25
2Mbps / £35

Do anyone have experience with any of these, i.e. are they reliable or should I avoid any of them? I'm seriously considering the Telewest 2Mbps service as it's just within my budget.

Any advice or alternatives would be greatly appreciated.
Tue 25/01/05 at 22:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
2Mb from Pipex is the same as what Plusnet is, so if your looking at 2Mb prices then no need to move to Plusnet really.
Tue 25/01/05 at 21:32
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Cheers for the replies. Still trying to make up my mind.
Tue 25/01/05 at 20:22
Regular
"Not a Jew"
And Azul recommended Plusnet to me, said he has had no problems and very good service.
Tue 25/01/05 at 20:10
Regular
Bulldog Broadband!

4MB...£35 a month :D
Tue 25/01/05 at 19:52
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Tiscali is a rubbish, keep away.

Thing that puts me off Plusnet is buying a modem, but since you already have one that would be alright.
Tue 25/01/05 at 16:50
Regular
"Bicycle"
Well here's the first that comes to mind - [URL] http://www.tiscali.co.uk/ [/URL]

Tiscali x20. £24.99 a month, or £21.99 with some phone stuff. But still, £24.99 is good for 1Meg.
Tue 25/01/05 at 16:44
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah.

There's also a 1MB service for £23 somewhere. I'm switching to it.

I'll go fetch it... Run Fido, Run!
Tue 25/01/05 at 15:52
Regular
Bullet, you can't find out.

I phoned them to ask the same thing and they said you only find out at the ordering stage and you can only order once you have cancelled Broadband and waited 7 days for the lines to clear. Sucks major ass.
Tue 25/01/05 at 14:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Not sure, though if you do buy a package and you find you can't get it you will usually be refunded.
Tue 25/01/05 at 14:00
Regular
Slightly OT, but how do you find out if you're eligible for 2Mb?

The line tests on websites say I probably can, but that an engineer would have to come out - and an engineer isn't going to just come out because I want him to.

Is there a way to find out without having to buy a package and find out you can't?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.