GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Films. - Ideas, etc, etc."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/11/04 at 17:41
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
I'd love to see a Metroid film based on the lands in Prime 1 and 2. That would be pretty sweet.

Any other ideas, thoughts?

If Nintendo gets this right they could be sitting on a gold mine! or we could just end up with another lame Mario movie!
Tue 30/11/04 at 17:41
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
I'd love to see a Metroid film based on the lands in Prime 1 and 2. That would be pretty sweet.

Any other ideas, thoughts?

If Nintendo gets this right they could be sitting on a gold mine! or we could just end up with another lame Mario movie!
Tue 30/11/04 at 17:43
"The Will of D."
They were going to do an Eternal Darkness film but I hav no idea what became of it.
I would like to see a real action Zelda film, or a CGI fil that ends up being a lot better made than Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.
Tue 30/11/04 at 17:56
Regular
"0228"
I think films based on Nintendo games would be disappointing. It would be hard to capture the essence of the game without somebody like Miyamoto on set, but he's not famed for his film directing so it would more than likely end up as tripe. Just look at the Mario Bros. film...
Tue 30/11/04 at 17:59
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
The Nintendo cartoons were OK - well I was only 5 or 6 at the time.
Pokemon's not too bad.
If they get the right people to make them I'm sure they'd be great.
Tue 30/11/04 at 18:02
Regular
"0228"
B.A.S.I.C wrote:

> If they get the right people to make them I'm sure they'd be great.

That's the hard part.
Tue 30/11/04 at 18:07
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
JFH wrote:
> B.A.S.I.C wrote:
>
> If they get the right people to make them I'm sure they'd be great.
>
> That's the hard part.

You got me there - I know! thats the next GAD - make a Nintendo movie!
Just kidding.
Tue 30/11/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hmm... as reagrds to the recent news story, I'd lay money on it that Ninty will be doing a Zelda movie... almost go as far as laying money on it!
Tue 30/11/04 at 19:40
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Nothing will ever beat the Super Mario Bros film.
Tue 30/11/04 at 19:42
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Chipseh wrote:
> Hmm... as reagrds to the recent news story, I'd lay money on it that
> Ninty will be doing a Zelda movie... almost go as far as laying money
> on it!

I'd go with that. An epic thing like Lord of the Rings would be brilliant.

CG or live-action? And if live.. who to play Link?

Zelda would obviously be Kiera Knightley <3
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:39
Regular
"0228"
I don't think that a Zelda film could ever work. Casting Link would be almost impossible. It'd be hard finding somebody that looks like him and has a suitable voice, Link never speaks in the games but it wouldn't be possible for him to not speak throughout an entire film. I reckon they'd probably end up putting Orlando Bloom in as Link.

If they were to include the young link / adult link thing that would confuse the casting even more and no child or teenage actor that I can think of would do Link justice.

The main part of Zelda games are the dungeons and in the dungeons Link spends a lot of time by himself. It would be hard to create an effective film where there is one character by himself for long periods of the game. Either the dungeon trekking would have to be drastically cut down and Link would have to spend a lot more time in towns, or they'd have to turn Princess Zelda into a character willing to go off into dungeons or introduce a new character for Link to go with.

All-in-all it would be a very hard and risky thing to do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.