GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This stupid 2 FOGs thing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 20:57
Regular
Note: There is a copy of this one the other FOG as well. Please read the whole of this.

I think this whole 2 FOGs thing is a disatser. It was great before, and I don;t think too many people complained. Sure you got the odd newbie who post some crap topics but they stop after a while and everything's great.

We have regulars because you know that they are usually there at some point and you can chat with them Now there are 2 FOGs you don't know which one they're concentrating on and so I'll end up posting in both. I used to have to have 2 windows open and I could cope very nicely with the one forum, and I would methodically go down each the topics, reading them all and adopting a few to chat on. No I'll have to have 4 windows open to keep up, and I will not be a happy chappy. The response time on posts will half and I might stop coming, because the great response time is what I used to come here for.

I know you've got a webby there with you, so can you please get rid of the chatter forum and rename it something useful, like SR Posse stories. Then, whenever a SR Posse story come in, we can all know, and go and look. You could also somehow work it out so that people in the FOg forum would be alerted of a new SR Posse story.

There, I've said it.
Thu 17/05/01 at 21:34
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yeh I'm a silly regular, I just act sensible sometimes!

:-)))
Thu 17/05/01 at 21:34
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix, do you like the feel of power....
Thu 17/05/01 at 21:33
SHEEPY wrote:
> Time_Warp wrote:
> yeh sheepy how? I dont investigate the
> keyboard much.

Bottom left of screen, Press 'Start'...

Go to
> Programs then Accesiaries then System Tools and then Character
> Map.

Selct stuff press copy then paste and there you
> go

-§HÈÉP¥©

cheers Darth sheepy!®

Thu 17/05/01 at 21:32
time_warp®
Thu 17/05/01 at 21:29
Regular
Your Honour wrote:

"In your opinion, who would do the voting?"

The Notables. We've got to do something, anyway. :0)

"Would all current regulars get in straight away, some of the current regulars are as bad as some newbies in my opinion."

Hmmm... if this is the case, then one a week is simply not enough. Perhaps it should be a anytime thing, so the Notables can vote in anyone they want, WHEN they want. Obviously, they will have to agree though. Perhaps at least three votes, as Meka is away for obvious reasons, and FM is often busy.

Saying that though, Sniper is hardly on at the moment.

"How would the whole thing work?"

Don't you just hate it when you answer the question on a paper... and then a question comes up that asks what you just wrote? :0)

Two forums. One for newbies, one for the voted in regs.

Regs would NOT be given a password, as this can easily be leaked. All they need is to log in, and this should automatically give them access to the forum.

New regs can be voted at any time. By at least three Notables.

This is all hypothetical at the moment... any questions?
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Time_Warp wrote:
> yeh sheepy how? I dont investigate the keyboard much.

Bottom left of screen, Press 'Start'...

Go to Programs then Accesiaries then System Tools and then Character Map.

Selct stuff press copy then paste and there you go

-§HÈÉP¥©

RastaBillySkank wrote:
> CONTROL AND G TW!

when!!!!!
Thu 17/05/01 at 21:28
yeh I'm a sensible regular, I just act silly sometimes!
Thu 17/05/01 at 21:28
Regular
"You've upset me"
CONTROL AND G TW!
Thu 17/05/01 at 21:27
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
You could 'Vote' newbies in, not a bad idea, but having a 5 hour pasword-night forum will enable the FOG to slow down a bit at night (It's busiest).
I mean the regulars could probably tell who should enter the password forum and who is just posting for the sake of GAD.
They could have a vote once a month.
The 'new' regulars e-mailed to let them know they are up for nomination.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.