GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OVW"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/01/05 at 16:08
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
What is OVW? I hear people talking about it but i dont know what it is? Is it where they send people to train them before they make their debut?
Fri 28/01/05 at 15:12
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Cong_Van_Man wrote:
> Erm, well, he was billed as 'The Giant' in WCW and was a lot slimmer
> back then. His in-ring work benefited from he being more agile, even
> for a big man. His current weight problem has already affected him in
> the amount of injuries he's had to his lower extremities and needless
> to say his matches are somewhat plodding due to his reduced mobility.

I will just lower the tone.. He has very BIG hands and very big feet ;) *Giggles* Then realises shes surrounded by boys..
Thu 27/01/05 at 17:26
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Don't you think his comeback was great during that lumberjack match! That was one of the best ends to Smackdown in ages!

How can you get injured in your lower extremities for being too fat? Are your legs so wide that you smack your balls together or something?
Thu 27/01/05 at 17:17
Regular
"..."
Wardy_MoD wrote:
> I thought it was part of his character as the Big Show that he
> was BIG
>
> Thats his image

Erm, well, he was billed as 'The Giant' in WCW and was a lot slimmer back then. His in-ring work benefited from he being more agile, even for a big man. His current weight problem has already affected him in the amount of injuries he's had to his lower extremities and needless to say his matches are somewhat plodding due to his reduced mobility.
Thu 27/01/05 at 17:12
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I thought it was part of his character as the Big Show that he was BIG

Thats his image
Thu 27/01/05 at 14:21
Regular
"..."
Lucy Jane wrote:
> Wardy_MoD wrote:
> How else can you explain Big Show going there to lose weight and
> coming back fatter?

>
> HAHA That made me laugh lol
>
> Well myself i think he has lost weight. But you BOYS dont notice
> these kinda things.

He may have lost a little bit now, but I'm talking about when he was sent to OVW abbout 2 and a half years ago specifically to lose weight and did the opposite.
Thu 27/01/05 at 14:19
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Wardy_MoD wrote:
> How else can you explain Big Show going there to lose weight and
> coming back fatter?

>
> HAHA That made me laugh lol

Well myself i think he has lost weight. But you BOYS dont notice these kinda things.
Wed 26/01/05 at 20:16
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
How else can you explain Big Show going there to lose weight and
coming back fatter?

HAHA That made me laugh lol
Wed 26/01/05 at 18:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It's strange how it is so poor when you've got a guy like Cornette running it and trainers like Lance Storm. Granted if a guy's a useless steroid abusing botch monkey to begin with there's not really that much you can do but they still should be able to master the art of falling through the ropes for example or know the rules of a mixed tag match
Wed 26/01/05 at 16:08
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> for a guy who know how fixed pro wrestling is, that was a remarkably
> naieve post mate. i know most of the boards here are full of idiots
> but there's no need to bring this one down as well :P
>
> champions and talent don't have as much bearing on each other as they
> should, Big Show was already under a fat WWE contract so didn't
> really bother trying to lose weight as he was making money either
> way.

Ok, I think I didn't make my point clear enough there. Surely a large part of OVW's job is to prepare wrestlers for wrestling on the biggest stage? So therefore, it would be worthwhile if they used it to groom future world champions in the art of holding a belt. Therefore, it makes no sense to have a guy who is the lesser part of a nothing Tag Team as an OVW champion over guys who it was inevitable would be pushed to the moon. If they can't get a simple thing like synergies between the booking teams right, how can we expect the wrestlers there to learn anything.

Along the same lines, three of the guys mentioned there and almost every other talent recently promoted from OVW have spent years there perfecting their gimmick only to have a new gimmick enforced upon them when they are promoted to the full roster...

OVW is rubbish, but WWE really don't help by not using it in the right way.
Wed 26/01/05 at 15:40
Regular
"you've got a beard"
for a guy who know how fixed pro wrestling is, that was a remarkably naieve post mate. i know most of the boards here are full of idiots but there's no need to bring this one down as well :P

champions and talent don't have as much bearing on each other as they should, Big Show was already under a fat WWE contract so didn't really bother trying to lose weight as he was making money either way.

i'd like to see all the people who moan about OVW go and get a job there, apparantly they'll take anyone....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.