GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Love"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/01/05 at 21:54
Regular
"SOUP!"
What annoys me to no end is how people overuse the word “love” to accentuate something. You may enjoy a nice cup of tea, heck you may really enjoy it, but when people go so far as to say they ‘love’ a cup of tea then the word is being overused. It pains me to see box-glasses-wearing emo kids crying about how hard it is being 14 and in love with someone they met on AOL chat, or when mini-chavs vow to their 9-year-old, probably-pregnant chavinas that they love them.

Perhaps I am slightly old fashioned in this view, but I told myself I’d never use the word love unless I meant it. I know more than a handful of guys who have used the immortal L-word in order to sleep with someone, which is, in my opinion, a form of emotional fraud.

I don’t know if you remember my panic-attack when my mentally challenged ex-girlfriend told me on the eve of our break-up that she loved me and wanted to have my babies. It almost tripped off my tongue, “I love you too” but I assessed the situation and realised I only wanted her D-cup warriors and not emotional baggage and found the exit door to the relationship. It wasn’t one of those scared-of-commitment things, perhaps more of a scared-of-psycho-girl things.

However a recent revelation in my life has caused me to use the L-word and mean it. I’m actually in love, and it’s all gay and soppy and mushy like in the films. I didn’t plan for it, it just sort of happened. Then I waited a while, and it was still there, and then it leapt out of my mouth like the chest-burster thing from Alien and the ‘I love you’ was returned (I’d have cried like a McDonalds worker on payday if she hadn’t said it back).

So I’m all grinny and happy and sexed up and for the first time ever I’m not all angsty and stuff, and I can look back on my depressive life-is-so-hard fluffy-bard-collar days and giggle slightly.

I’m not sure if there’s a moral to my story, or indeed if it is a story at all, just wanted to vent. Happily vent, for once.
Sun 23/01/05 at 19:42
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I think I'm obsessed...

I'm doing a dance show in college, and the girl I like is in an acting show. Their script involves a kissing scene and I'm afraid she'll get the role with the kiss sequence. I'm afraid she'll fall for the guy she has to kiss.

Oh, I hope to God she doesn't get that role.
Mon 24/01/05 at 14:47
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I've only said I love one person ever and I am of the same mind as you Paradox. When people say they love this that etc it just makes it less special when they say it to someone they actually love. That why I try never to say I love an item although I have been known to say I love Buffy The Vampire Slayer things heh. Especially the box set I got for chrismas. But yeh when it comes to people, there's only one person I say it to and when I say it. I mean it.
Mon 24/01/05 at 14:57
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
D-cup warriors...

I just wet myself laughing!
Mon 24/01/05 at 15:10
Regular
Maybe it's because there's no word in the middle that can be used.

I really really really really really really like coffee, as in, I can't get enough of it.

Which of these shows the above:

I like coffee.
I love coffee.

I could say what I said at the very beginning, but time is precious, and I CBA.

As for the word hate, there's nothing in the middle either.

I don't like Chicken Kiev
I dislike Chicken Kiev
I hate Chicken Kiev
I despise Chicken Kiev
I detest Chicken Kiev

Now, I'd say hate's in the middle there (well, it is) as despise and destest seem like much stronger words than hate, but anyway.
Bleh.
Tue 25/01/05 at 21:17
Regular
"For One Night Only"
The Hibernator wrote:
> I think I'm obsessed...
>
> I'm doing a dance show in college, and the girl I like is in an
> acting show. Their script involves a kissing scene and I'm afraid
> she'll get the role with the kiss sequence. I'm afraid she'll fall
> for the guy she has to kiss.
>
> Oh, I hope to God she doesn't get that role.

Well, she got the role. But she may not have to kiss the guy in the first place. Also, the guy in question is already going out with someone (a right madam, sometimes I just wanna-) already on the course. So, there's gonna be no romance there, then.
Tue 25/01/05 at 21:41
"possibly impossible"
Rosalind wrote:
> D-cup warriors...
>
> I just wet myself laughing!

You gotta keep up those pelvic floor exercises you know...
Wed 26/01/05 at 18:56
Regular
"For One Night Only"
The Hibernator wrote:
> Well, she got the role. But she may not have to kiss the guy in the
> first place. Also, the guy in question is already going out with
> someone (a right madam, sometimes I just wanna-) already on the
> course. So, there's gonna be no romance there, then.

Now I may have to snog someone in the dance show. This someone being a mate I've known since being five-years-old. And that's all she'll stay - a mate.
Wed 26/01/05 at 21:10
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Damnit, I've got to try with the girl I like, though.
Wed 26/01/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I wouldn't, she'll just turn you down.

And you'll cry and the post 100 times on here about it.
Wed 26/01/05 at 21:13
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
No Sheepy no!
Not after all my hard work

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.