GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Love"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/01/05 at 21:54
Regular
"SOUP!"
What annoys me to no end is how people overuse the word “love” to accentuate something. You may enjoy a nice cup of tea, heck you may really enjoy it, but when people go so far as to say they ‘love’ a cup of tea then the word is being overused. It pains me to see box-glasses-wearing emo kids crying about how hard it is being 14 and in love with someone they met on AOL chat, or when mini-chavs vow to their 9-year-old, probably-pregnant chavinas that they love them.

Perhaps I am slightly old fashioned in this view, but I told myself I’d never use the word love unless I meant it. I know more than a handful of guys who have used the immortal L-word in order to sleep with someone, which is, in my opinion, a form of emotional fraud.

I don’t know if you remember my panic-attack when my mentally challenged ex-girlfriend told me on the eve of our break-up that she loved me and wanted to have my babies. It almost tripped off my tongue, “I love you too” but I assessed the situation and realised I only wanted her D-cup warriors and not emotional baggage and found the exit door to the relationship. It wasn’t one of those scared-of-commitment things, perhaps more of a scared-of-psycho-girl things.

However a recent revelation in my life has caused me to use the L-word and mean it. I’m actually in love, and it’s all gay and soppy and mushy like in the films. I didn’t plan for it, it just sort of happened. Then I waited a while, and it was still there, and then it leapt out of my mouth like the chest-burster thing from Alien and the ‘I love you’ was returned (I’d have cried like a McDonalds worker on payday if she hadn’t said it back).

So I’m all grinny and happy and sexed up and for the first time ever I’m not all angsty and stuff, and I can look back on my depressive life-is-so-hard fluffy-bard-collar days and giggle slightly.

I’m not sure if there’s a moral to my story, or indeed if it is a story at all, just wanted to vent. Happily vent, for once.
Fri 28/01/05 at 21:59
"possibly impossible"
Deathskitten wrote:
> and i do love tea, not just like but love

I'm sure there's some law against it...
Fri 28/01/05 at 13:02
Regular
"long time"
"Love is in the air"
Thu 27/01/05 at 23:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
He writes a gay post on the internet
Thu 27/01/05 at 22:56
Regular
"Selected"
when a man......loves a woman....
Thu 27/01/05 at 22:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I didn't cry, I'm a man.
To be honest I can't remember the last time I did, I'm emotionally... dead, or something.
Thu 27/01/05 at 22:54
Regular
"Selected"
HAHA, CRY BABIES!
Thu 27/01/05 at 21:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Don't make fun.
Thu 27/01/05 at 20:57
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
nice to see that your happy for once para!
and i do love tea, not just like but love
Thu 27/01/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
You’re a walking plethora of human emotions, SHEEPY. You’re deep, man. Deep.
Thu 27/01/05 at 17:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
English_Bloke wrote:
> > I knew quite soon that this was more then just me lusting over her
> juicy shirt spuds and wanting to mash my head between them. I
> love her. Now, I’ve never been ‘in love’ before this, so I for one
> find it to be quite scary.

Haha

My my, aren't you a big lot of feminine cry babies.

I was in love once, it took a bit to convince myself as I aware of stupid teenage exist. Then I had my heart ripped out, made to feel guilty about it, lost all friends. So, I don't like love, love is bad. Boo love boo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.