GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Customs Charge, Import Duty and VAT"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/12/04 at 12:56
Regular
"I ush!"
Can anyone give me information on these charges. How much is import duty on consoles and games. Do you get stung for it everytime?

I just got a DS from a friend but have no games yet :(
What's the crack?

Cheers
Wed 01/12/04 at 17:27
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I didn't have to pay anything on my DS. ^_^
Wed 01/12/04 at 16:31
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
I think it's something like 17.5 % then 4.5% added on to that.
Wed 01/12/04 at 13:29
Regular
"I'm busy"
£35 quid

but it was worth it

£200 overall, for mario and my DS, not bad I feel, as it's not out in the UK yet and I got it before Christmas, but still...
Wed 01/12/04 at 13:01
Regular
If I remember rightly, the PF Clearance fee is based on the weight/volume of the package.

----------

You don't always get stung for Customs charges, it is possible to get away with it.

I just have, with my DS. If the sender marks the package as a gift rather than commercial goods, it helps.
Wed 01/12/04 at 12:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If something is over £18 in value then you are liable for customs, this accounts for VAT + a parcelforce clearance fee (not sure how they work this out, but it's always been £10 for me).
Wed 01/12/04 at 12:56
Regular
"I ush!"
Can anyone give me information on these charges. How much is import duty on consoles and games. Do you get stung for it everytime?

I just got a DS from a friend but have no games yet :(
What's the crack?

Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.