GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IS FOG TOO BUSY?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 20:06
Regular
I don't know about you but I have trouble keeping up with it all these days.

Do you have any suggestions for us (the rival MIST forum doesn't seem to have got off the ground) - or do you like it as busy as possible?
Fri 18/05/01 at 13:36
Regular
"i'll destroy you al"
but only if there is a problem or he is testing something
other wise i will not be moved from this forum
Fri 18/05/01 at 13:24
"possibly impossible"
We fear change.

We resist difference.

We will go and post in the other forum if Tony says so...
Fri 18/05/01 at 11:05
Regular
"not dead"
Your Honour wrote:

What we need to do is find a
> way so that opics go in the right forum. I do it myself, last night
> when Liverool won, i posted that in here instead of the Footy forum,
> simply because i knew more people would read it if it was in here.

What you need to do is post it in the right forum anyway, over time they too will pick up, but only if they are used more by the regulars!

What seems to happen is that newbies start off anywhere, maybe posting in the PS2 forum, or the Game specific forums, but sooner or later they discover the FOG, and that's where they stay.
Thu 17/05/01 at 22:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
NOOOOOO!!!! JUST HAVE THE ONE FOG!!!

It was fine as it is, and most of the time we talked about gaming anyway!!! Please, just have 1 FOG Forum!!
Thu 17/05/01 at 21:11
Regular
Morrigan, i see what you mean. The olny thin is, not everyone has the gap down the right hand side.

If you run your resolution in 800x600, the gap isn't there.
Thu 17/05/01 at 21:08
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
I dont mind the FOG being busy!
But really, if everyone wants to know whats going on in the other forums, how about having a table running down the side of the page(Right hand side perhaps?) displaying new topics that have been added in different forums(Maybe even coloured red?).
Then you could click on the 'new topic' and java will open up a small window displaying the headline message, or, displaying all headline messages in the particular forum you clicked. At their own choice they could then (Only if they want) visit the forum by clicking the Topic-link displayed in the Javascript box. That way people wouldn't have to click out of FOG and Click on Open forums each time, they could do it from FOG.
Im probably not making any sense, perhaps there is someone that will understand me.
Thu 17/05/01 at 20:46
yeh maybe there should be a rule to stick to certain forums
EG post DC stuff in the DC forum only!
Thu 17/05/01 at 20:44
Regular
The thing is, as SR are getting more poepl posting (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong..) the number of posts/new topics are inevitably going to go up as well.

What we need to do is find a way so that opics go in the right forum. I do it myself, last night when Liverool won, i posted that in here instead of the Footy forum, simply because i knew more people would read it if it was in here.
Thu 17/05/01 at 20:40
Regular
VenomByte, are you feeling ok? I mean, you agree with me again!

Whats wrong with you?

:-)
Thu 17/05/01 at 20:40
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I agree the topic headings pages should be longer.

It shall be done.

No please go and use the other FOG.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.