GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some albums please..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/01/05 at 15:04
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I'm needing new albums bigstyle-ee so please recommend some good ones. I have such an open music taste so anythings welcome. All I ask is for albums, not singles...
Thu 20/01/05 at 20:59
Regular
"8==="
Ozric Tentacles - Waterfall Cities
Thu 20/01/05 at 20:57
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
mermoid wrote:
> I recommend the band Lightning Bolt.
>
> They play Skronk music.

[URL]http://www.loadrecords.com/sound/lightningbolt_draculamountain.mp3[/URL]
Thu 20/01/05 at 20:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Oh and Mad Capsule Markets - Cistm Konfliqt.
Thu 20/01/05 at 20:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Timmargh wrote:
> Howard Shore - Lord of the Rings trilogy soundtracks

I love you.
Thu 20/01/05 at 20:53
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I've just bought:

U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Gwen Stefani - Love. Angel. Music. Baby.
Orbital - Blue Album
Howard Shore - Lord of the Rings trilogy soundtracks
Thu 20/01/05 at 20:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Album = "Wonderful Rainbow"
Thu 20/01/05 at 20:15
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I recommend the band Lightning Bolt.

They play Skronk music.
Thu 20/01/05 at 20:12
Regular
New Bright Eyes albums are sounding pretty good.
Thu 20/01/05 at 19:42
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Emitime wrote:
> Rise Against - Siren song of the counter culture.
> I think I listened to it 7 times in one day once.

Got that a while back, but not sure if I prefer it to Revolutions Per Minute... Some great tracks on there (The first one's a stormer) but haven't really sat down and given it a proper listen yet...

Anyway.

Head Automatica - Decadence
Liking this loads at the moment. Kinda tongue in cheek funky disco rock wierdness. Some guy from Glassjaw's sideproject if that means anything to you...

Error - Error
Okay, this one's an EP, but if you want something hard and interesting this is it. Drum & Bass influenced heavy electro-punk. Great.

No Comply - With Windmills Turning Wrong Directions
Metallic punk with horns. And a female singer with a great voice who's not afraid of the ocvcasional scream. Last track is genius, and the album as a whole is a great listen.

Clann Zu - Rua / Black Coats and Bandages
Both great albums. Rua is more diverse really, irish-folk with a bunch of crazy influences, from rock to trance / Drum and Bass. Black Coats... is more restrained, more relaxed, but has a dark edge. I like em.

Warsawpack - Stocks and Bombs
Hip Hop / Funk / Rock / Jazz all merged into one great band. Often political lyrics mixed with awesome tunes.

Yeah, those are great. Some might be hard to find, but I'm pretty sure you can get most / all of them from punkermentality.com who are relatively cheap.
Thu 20/01/05 at 18:36
"Metal Head"
Marilyn Manson - Coma white

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.