GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some albums please..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/01/05 at 15:04
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I'm needing new albums bigstyle-ee so please recommend some good ones. I have such an open music taste so anythings welcome. All I ask is for albums, not singles...
Thu 27/01/05 at 18:19
Regular
"object"
Gwen Stefani love angel music baby about 50% of the music is not that good but the ones that arent terrible are good
Tue 25/01/05 at 13:00
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> The only one I can't get away with is "Acid Pants" ("When the laugh track starts, then
> the fun starts"
, with vocals from the guys from "Sparks"), it's total and unlistenable
> crap. Having said that, every Orbital album must by law have one of these tracks otherwise
> they just aren't being inventive enough.

Gotta agree with you on that one - "pants" indeed.

> "One perfect sunrise", which is a beautiful song and a perfect close to the Orbital sound,

I opened the package, put the CD in my play and cranked up the volume - it was fantastic.
Sat 22/01/05 at 21:48
Regular
El Pinko wrote:
> crossbob wrote:
> Razorlight-Up all night
>
> Right. I got that one now, any tracks you'd recommend in particular?
> I'm likin the openin to the 1st track...

In The City, Up All Night, Golden Touch, Dalston, Rip It Up
Sat 22/01/05 at 13:12
Regular
The Roots - Phrenology

Insanely varied, original and souful Hip Hip album. One of my favourites and not "Slap Yo Mamma up" lyric in sight, just well though out rhymes and eclectic beats.
Sat 22/01/05 at 12:24
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Dunno if you're still interested, but:

The new

...Kings of Leon
...John Legend
...The Dears

albums are all worth a look into.
Fri 21/01/05 at 16:49
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Timmargh wrote:
> I was listening to the lyrics of Gollum's Song today

Emiliana Torrini's album Love In The Time Of Science is well worth checking out. Just read on Amazon that she wrote Kylie's Slow, but don't hold that against her.
Fri 21/01/05 at 16:25
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Cycloon wrote:
> Is it a side project? As opposed to an evolution/new band?
> My Glassjaw radar has been rather quiet recently....

I was under the impression HA were a side project of one of the GlassJaw guys, but I'm not entirely sure... They're something to do with the 'jaw anyhow.
Fri 21/01/05 at 14:36
Regular
"Hallelujah"
crossbob wrote:
> Razorlight-Up all night

Right. I got that one now, any tracks you'd recommend in particular? I'm likin the openin to the 1st track...
Fri 21/01/05 at 14:14
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> lots of stuff

I am looking forward to it.
Fri 21/01/05 at 13:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Timmargh wrote:
> "Your order for Blue Album - Orbital has been
> posted."

>
> Yay.

Nice one. I listened to it again, and have reevaluated my opinion of it. It's a great album, with tracks sounding like everything from early orbital to stuff like the Lush (Euro-Tunnel Disaster 94) remix, which is probably intentional.

The only one I can't get away with is "Acid Pants" ("When the laugh track starts, then the fun starts", with vocals from the guys from "Sparks"), it's total and unlistenable crap. Having said that, every Orbital album must by law have one of these tracks otherwise they just aren't being inventive enough.

Highlights? "You Lot" and "One perfect sunrise", which is a beautiful song and a perfect close to the Orbital sound, perhaps for good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.