GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half life 2 question."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life 2'.
Thu 02/12/04 at 16:24
"Genius!"
I've been thinking about getting HL2 for a while now but im still not sure if my graphics card is good enough. I've got a geforce4 mx440 128mb, can someone please tell me if that would be ok to play on it, mainly source.
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:45
Regular
chippxero wrote:
> bullet were you surprised how good your 4600ti is?

Yes. After only just managing to run Far Cry on decent settings, I feared the end of it's life was near. But it's still holding up after all this time.

I do still want to upgrade, just not yet. I'm aiming for an X800 Pro, it's just getting the money together!
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:42
Regular
"Captain to you."
bullet were you surprised how good your 4600ti is? i was i've had it since the release i didn't think it would last so long i am well pleased with mine but i now want a 256mb card cheap then a pci express 6*** series when i upgrade my whole computer at easter
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:39
Regular
"Captain to you."
yeah i thought it would but i am looking at getting a 5*** series geforce to upgrade mine as i'd like 256mb rather than 128mb. Theres one going for £69.99 right now on ebay just looking for one a bit cheaper
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:38
Regular
I use a GeForce 4 Ti4600. No problems at all. Saved me a bundle due to me thinking I'd need to upgrade it before I could play HL2.
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:37
Regular
"\\"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Would doubt it... That's pretty low end.
> Although it might work on the minimum detail levels.
> Hang on... wasn't Aoe or someone running it on an Mx440?

FX5200.

Wasn't me
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:36
"Genius!"
Ok i might do that, i thought a good card would cost more than that.
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:31
Regular
"Captain to you."
it should run but if i was you i'd get a better card, i only have a geforce 4600ti but i run nearly all my games on max including halflife 2 and don't have any problems you can probably pick up a card better than mine for £60 look at a 5*** series 256 mb one on ebay. halflife 2 runs on quite low systems pretty well, a very good thing about source.
Thu 02/12/04 at 16:34
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Would doubt it... That's pretty low end.
Although it might work on the minimum detail levels.
Hang on... wasn't Aoe or someone running it on an Mx440?
Thu 02/12/04 at 16:24
"Genius!"
I've been thinking about getting HL2 for a while now but im still not sure if my graphics card is good enough. I've got a geforce4 mx440 128mb, can someone please tell me if that would be ok to play on it, mainly source.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.