GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do YOU know the answer?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/12/04 at 16:44
Regular
Recently I came across a site/page which allowed me to click on any game in a fairly large list.

It would then work out whether my PC would be able to handle the chosen game by displaying a long box with 3 marks on it.

The first mark showed the minimum specs, another the recommended specs, and a third how good or bad the computer was in relation to the game in question.

I can no longer find my way back to this helpful item.

Has anyone else come across this, and if so would you please tell me how to get there again.

Thank you.
Fri 03/12/04 at 16:44
Regular
Recently I came across a site/page which allowed me to click on any game in a fairly large list.

It would then work out whether my PC would be able to handle the chosen game by displaying a long box with 3 marks on it.

The first mark showed the minimum specs, another the recommended specs, and a third how good or bad the computer was in relation to the game in question.

I can no longer find my way back to this helpful item.

Has anyone else come across this, and if so would you please tell me how to get there again.

Thank you.
Sat 04/12/04 at 03:23
Regular
Even a simple no, you have no idea what I'm on about would be encouraging.

Thanks again.
Sat 04/12/04 at 04:51
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Only thing I can think of which is like that is....

[URL]http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx[/URL]
Sat 04/12/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
never heard of it, but it sounds good.
Sat 04/12/04 at 13:23
Regular
Same but it does sound very handy.
Sat 04/12/04 at 13:25
Regular
Is it Xfire? All Seeing eye?
Sat 04/12/04 at 15:50
Regular
Thanks everyone for your replies.

And thank you Garin........'Windows XP Game Advisor' was exactely what I was looking for.

(Garin also kindly supplied a direct link if anyone needs to check if their computer can handle a particular game. Or you could just use it to admire how powerful your machine is.)

I checked mine against Half Life 2 and didn't even reach halfway between the minimum and recommended markers.
Sat 04/12/04 at 16:09
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
cooool
Sat 04/12/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I really liked that website. So much so that I installed the software and used it. Half Life 2 will run apparently - yay!
Sat 04/12/04 at 17:32
"Genius!"
Yep i also used that to see if i could run half life 2, not quite recommended but good enough i think, so still gonna buy it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.