GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do YOU know the answer?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/12/04 at 16:44
Regular
Recently I came across a site/page which allowed me to click on any game in a fairly large list.

It would then work out whether my PC would be able to handle the chosen game by displaying a long box with 3 marks on it.

The first mark showed the minimum specs, another the recommended specs, and a third how good or bad the computer was in relation to the game in question.

I can no longer find my way back to this helpful item.

Has anyone else come across this, and if so would you please tell me how to get there again.

Thank you.
Mon 06/12/04 at 00:56
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Do you think that they've stopped doing that?
Mon 06/12/04 at 00:48
Regular
"Captain to you."
Same here but only on my laptop i think it's when there is obscure naff componants involved. My main pc was detected fine.
Mon 06/12/04 at 00:47
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Lipe wrote:
> Well I tried it and got this message:
>
> "Unfortunately we were unable to identify some hardware
> components of your system, and therefore it is not possible to
> provide accurate performance analysis"
>

Same here...
Sun 05/12/04 at 23:38
Regular
Thank you all for the feed-back, some interesting results.

For anyone who hasn't yet tried it, the extremely helpful item can be found at 'Windows XP Game Advisor'.

Or better still, just use Garins' direct link.

Thanks again......
Sat 04/12/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
It got my graphics card wrong.
But not too far off.
Sat 04/12/04 at 22:43
"The Will of D."
Well i had to stop my internet security for the time I needed to scan so that is a negative especially since i'm on Broadband with a permanent IP address.
Sat 04/12/04 at 20:40
Regular
Well I tried it and got this message:

"Unfortunately we were unable to identify some hardware components of your system, and therefore it is not possible to provide accurate performance analysis"

Very handy indeed :)
Sat 04/12/04 at 20:05
"The Will of D."
That is really nifty indeed, explains why i couldn't play Theif 3 when I borrowed it from a friend a while back, found out it was my grphics card.
Sat 04/12/04 at 17:32
"Genius!"
Yep i also used that to see if i could run half life 2, not quite recommended but good enough i think, so still gonna buy it.
Sat 04/12/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I really liked that website. So much so that I installed the software and used it. Half Life 2 will run apparently - yay!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.