GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to get a free GBA..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 11:50
Regular
When the GBA is released on 22nd June its price is to be in the area of £80 - £90.

Many people say it is too expensive, but lets compare it to some other items....

Say you are a smoker, and smoke twenty a day....

A GBA is the equialant to 24 packets of cigarettes, so in the space of a year could you give up 24 days of smoking and you could own a GBA.....

If you were to go to a football match and pay say (£20) to watch team, you could give up four matches to own a GBA...

Say you buy lots of music in a year, you could give up 8 albums to own a GBA...

Give up a pint of beer a day, not give up beer, just miss one pint. Only 53 pints and you could own a GBA...

Well you get the general idea, the GBA is WELL worth the value. With only changing a few of your daily habbits...

ie. Give up a few fags, cut down on beer a little, decide to leave an album and miss a game of football and you could own a GBA without loss of money.
Thu 17/05/01 at 11:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
When the GBA is released on 22nd June its price is to be in the area of £80 - £90.

Many people say it is too expensive, but lets compare it to some other items....

Say you are a smoker, and smoke twenty a day....

A GBA is the equialant to 24 packets of cigarettes, so in the space of a year could you give up 24 days of smoking and you could own a GBA.....

If you were to go to a football match and pay say (£20) to watch team, you could give up four matches to own a GBA...

Say you buy lots of music in a year, you could give up 8 albums to own a GBA...

Give up a pint of beer a day, not give up beer, just miss one pint. Only 53 pints and you could own a GBA...

Well you get the general idea, the GBA is WELL worth the value. With only changing a few of your daily habbits...

ie. Give up a few fags, cut down on beer a little, decide to leave an album and miss a game of football and you could own a GBA without loss of money.
Thu 17/05/01 at 11:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You buy a GBA, I'll smoke, drink, watch football and listen to glorious music.

Everyone's happy.

What a wonderful world it would be...lalalalala..don't know much about the french I took...dont know what a something something's for...
Thu 17/05/01 at 12:00
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Actually your way sounds better, I don't smoke unless they are Cubian cigars :D

You could maybe steal one out of an SR shop.......

NO actually don't do that :D
Thu 17/05/01 at 12:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
SR dont do Cuban Cigars you rapscallion
Thu 17/05/01 at 12:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
DAMN :D

Maybe SR could do an offer Cubian cigars and a GBA for £100
Thu 17/05/01 at 12:14
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Of course, you could go under cover as a 13 year old welsh boy...steal a GBA from a Special Reserve shop, run all the way back to Wales and Hide in a field....but I'd go with Sheepy's Idea....even though it isn't quite as professional!
Thu 17/05/01 at 12:33
Regular
You could always just ask for one for your birthday if it's nearby, like mine for instance!!
Thu 17/05/01 at 12:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Game wrote:
> Of course, you could go under cover as a 13 year old welsh
> boy...steal a GBA from a Special Reserve shop, run all the way back
> to Wales and Hide in a field....but I'd go with Sheepy's
> Idea....even though it isn't quite as professional!

Hide in a field?
Hide in a sheep more like.

Thu 17/05/01 at 13:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Goatboy wrote:
> Hide in a field?
> Hide in a sheep more like.

If you were actually in Wales it would look better if you hid parts of you in a sheep, then you would just blend in.

Thu 17/05/01 at 13:25
"High polygon count"
Another interesting fact...

PS2 arrives at the same price as the original PS1. Everyone complains it's too expensive, except Sony fans, who - in general - defend the price.

GBA arrives at the same price as the original Gameboy. Everyone complains it's too expensive, except Nintendo fans, who - in general - defend the price.

So, I'll say exactly the same here in defence of the GBA as I've said about the PS2...

Everything has gone up in price. The fact that you can get a GBA for the same price as the original machine is a GOOD THING. You are effectively getting much more power for LESS money.

In fact, as the original Gameboy around twice as old as the PS1, you're probably getting a better deal. So stop bloody whinging!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.