GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Meanwhile, back in Iraq"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/01/05 at 12:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
You remember Iraq? The place where over 100,000 civilians are thought to have been killed since the war was declared to be over? The land we went to liberate from oppression and torture by...well, oppressing and torturing them?

Remember why we went there? "Evildoers! Big Guns!! Huge Bombs!! Nuclear and Biological Apocalypse! 45 minutes until DOOMSDAY!!!"

Well, alas it's now been confirmed that the whole raison d'etre for the war was a fantasy on a par with anything Tolkein wrote.

[URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1389370,00.html[/URL]

And cue and increasingly bovine public not giving a damn about brown people suffering, just so long as they get their petrol and tax cuts innit?
Tue 18/01/05 at 00:00
Regular
"be happy"
I read '1984' last summer, and the echoes of that with what we hear from Bush and Bliar is quite chilling.

Just goes to show, if you repeat the same lie often enough people will start to believe it.
Mon 17/01/05 at 18:12
Regular
Something else that's been kept quiet:

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4082017.stm[/URL]

Stupid Butler!
Why didn't he tell everyone while they were still listening?

But Downing Street said Mr Blair should be judged by results not his style.

Aye up... I'm sure I read something like this a few posts down...
Mon 17/01/05 at 17:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I was about to quote that paragraph as well. :D
Mon 17/01/05 at 17:10
Regular
When asked why the administration had so far failed to locate Osama Bin Laden, more than three years after the 11 September 2001 attacks on the US, the president responded, "Because he's hiding."

This one made me laugh.
Gave me mental images of Osama Bin Laden hiding in the Whitehouse closet...
Mon 17/01/05 at 16:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Part of me admires the absolute sheer balls it takes to be that dishonest honestly.
Not even a pretence of trying to be covert, just that retard "hyuck hyuck hyuck" smirk and saying "Nope, never gonna do anything about it"
Mon 17/01/05 at 16:19
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4178655.stm[/URL]
>
> *seethe*

"Mr Bush said there was no need to hold any of his officials accountable for mistakes or misjudgements in pre-war planning or managing the aftermath."

Yup, that's me absolutely foaming now.
Mon 17/01/05 at 16:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4178655.stm[/URL]

*seethe*
Mon 17/01/05 at 15:01
Regular
"The Voice of Reason"
Keep posting on this subject folks - with a general Election pending we MUST NOT forget!!!!
Mon 17/01/05 at 11:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Why isn't the entire world's population giving George Bush one massive dead leg right now?
Mon 17/01/05 at 01:40
Regular
"be happy"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> When you look at the world in that way, you realise these so called
> world leaders are no different to you or me, and are compelled to act
> due to any random whim or state of mind they find themselves in.

The invasion of Iraq was far from a random whim, but more a small part of the US's continuing bid for world domination, which has been going on for decades. Many commentators on the left are saying it was a good thing Bush was re-elected, becoz he's such a f---wit.

If the invasion had been managed successfully they may have gone on to Iran, and who knows where else by now. Kerry would have continued this policy of 'liberal interventionism', but with more support from the 'international community', and in a more subtle and covert manner.

I think what Brown is trying to do with 3rd world debt at the moment is an encouraging sign, and the improved awareness of the public, as regards world politics, the environment, etc, is another cause for optimism. I haven't given up on the human race just yet

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.