GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Age of consent in other different countries"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/11/06 at 14:43
Regular
I'm creating a page for my site on the ages of consent around the world. Thought you guys might be interested in my research.

South Carolina - 14
California - 18 (huh?)

Canada seems to be the lowest, at 12 but it's illegal if the other person is over 14.

----

Ours is 16, do you think that's about right or do you think it should be lower or higher?
Mon 27/11/06 at 14:43
Regular
I'm creating a page for my site on the ages of consent around the world. Thought you guys might be interested in my research.

South Carolina - 14
California - 18 (huh?)

Canada seems to be the lowest, at 12 but it's illegal if the other person is over 14.

----

Ours is 16, do you think that's about right or do you think it should be lower or higher?
Mon 27/11/06 at 14:44
"possibly impossible"
They should give this new male contraceptive to all male kids at school somehow and only when the parents opt out (or until 16) can they get girls pregnant.

...but yeah, 16 is probably about right.
Mon 27/11/06 at 14:45
Regular
12?? that's ridiculous
Mon 27/11/06 at 16:43
Regular
Nature intended females to get pregnant at a young age....
Mon 27/11/06 at 16:44
Regular
"I may return"
I think 16 is about right, if not then 18, wouldn't really go any higher then that tho'. Old enough to choose what you do...
Mon 27/11/06 at 17:06
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
I think it's 12 in Mexico too.
Mon 27/11/06 at 17:12
Regular
Alfonse wrote:
> Nature intended females to get pregnant at a young age....

It's not about nature though is it ... if you're having a kid and you're still a kid yourself, then something's not right. To me anyway. I can't imagine a 12 year old is mature enough to deal with the stress and responsibilites of being a mother. Of course, that won't always be the case, some 12 year olds are far more mature than others, and the very act of giving birth to a child may mean the mother 'grows up' more quickly than usual.

Still, it's such a bad idea, surely anyone can see that ... I'm damn sure I wouldn't want a daughter of mine sleeping with lads at 12 ...
Mon 27/11/06 at 17:18
Regular
"I may return"
12 is too young, anyone can see that, like Borat said, its too much responsability, for a 12 year old!

Also, sleeping around at a young age could cause an earlier death, since there is so many STDs going around in the world today...
Mon 27/11/06 at 17:22
Regular
Apparently the youngest mother (on record I suppose I should say) to give birth was 5 years, 7 months and 21 days old. Lina Medina, I'd post a link but on Wikipedia the page has a naked picture of her during her pregnancy.
Mon 27/11/06 at 17:28
Regular
That's pretty weird.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.