GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Age of consent in other different countries"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/11/06 at 14:43
Regular
I'm creating a page for my site on the ages of consent around the world. Thought you guys might be interested in my research.

South Carolina - 14
California - 18 (huh?)

Canada seems to be the lowest, at 12 but it's illegal if the other person is over 14.

----

Ours is 16, do you think that's about right or do you think it should be lower or higher?
Wed 29/11/06 at 11:46
Regular
"8==="
Apparently it has something to do with the risks of cervical cancer, I guess the age when the average girl is definitely going to be fully developed/developed enough is 16.

Meh.

Grass on the green... ;D
Tue 28/11/06 at 16:25
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, to work out heavily at that age is actually very detrimental to the body's development, so it would be irresponsible for a six year-old to be doing that sort of thing anyway...
Tue 28/11/06 at 16:24
Regular
"I may return"
Yeah, something like that...
Tue 28/11/06 at 16:20
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
An irresponsibly strong 6 year-old? That could be pretty cool, a little kid irresponsibly doing weightlifting or something... lifting weights without due care and attention?
Tue 28/11/06 at 16:18
Regular
"I may return"
Smedlos wrote:
> I'm nearly 6 years passed that and still going irresponsibly
> strong :P

I had too reread that, as I thought it said:
I'm 6 years old and irresponsibly strong :P
That'll teach me too skim-read...
Tue 28/11/06 at 16:16
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Der Nazi wrote:

> Responsible at 21? Well, that means a good few years of
> irresponsible drinking left for me! :D

I'm nearly 6 years passed that and still going irresponsibly strong :P
Tue 28/11/06 at 16:07
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Responsible at 21? Well, that means a good few years of irresponsible drinking left for me! :D

The age of consent is 12 in the Netherlands, as far as I know, and it's 17 in Ireland (As I heard being discussed on a radio show whilst I was in a shop there!)... more disturbingly, I don't think there's an age of consent at all in Japan.

As it varies in America, they have a Federal law (Called the Mann Act, as far as I know) which forbids people from travelling to other states where the age of consent is lower, solely for the purpose of doing it... or something like that.

Damn, I really shouldn't have read that book of Stupid Laws!

EDIT: Just looked at the page, there is one in Japan. Guess that book is out of date...
Tue 28/11/06 at 13:50
Regular
You can probably own a gun at 16 but drinking :O you'll only be responsible to handle a drink when you're 21
Tue 28/11/06 at 13:48
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
There's quite a few countries there where it's illegal before marriage. Dunno how old you have to be to get married there though.

Also 21 in Madagascar is a bit too old although it's not as bad as having to be 21 to drink in the USA! :P
Mon 27/11/06 at 21:53
Regular
"I may return"
Machie wrote:
> Apparently the youngest mother (on record I suppose I should say)
> to give birth was 5 years, 7 months and 21 days old. Lina Medina,
> I'd post a link but on Wikipedia the page has a naked picture of
> her during her pregnancy.

My friends call me 'mummy' but it'd be impossible, as most of them are months older than me, and one of them is a day younger. That makes me the youngest mum, gave birth fter 1 day, 2 hours and 54 mins :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.