GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unpaid overtime"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/01/05 at 14:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Was reading an article on the BBC website about people staying late/coming in early/weekend work etc, [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4149835.stm[/URL] and I wondered if you've ever done that on a regular basis.
I can't say that I have, I was out the door at 5pm like a shot without fail. Never did weekend work either, it was just a job. Doesn't matter what job it was, just a job.
Ok being a postie we're supposed to start at 5am and many do, but an awful lot of come in about 4am instead just so we can catch up and be out the door by 7:30am - but then we mainly finish about 11am, paid till 1pm so it balances out.

And one of the comments from readers made me angry/sad at the same time:
"Surely the individual worker should be more interested in proving to his/her firm that they are a productive and valuable member of the team, ready to go the extra mile to produce good work as opposed to clocking off on the dot as if their employer should be grateful."
?????????????
"Yes I am a productive member of the team"
Baaaaaah baaaaaah baaaaah
Doesn't matter, your ass'll get fired just as easily as the next person.
Christ, "a productive member of the team". Have we become a hive-minded worker bee society that feels the need to be a "Productive member of the team" instead of a person?
I'd like to punch that person in the stomach with my hand which is balled into a fist whilst chanting "I am a productive member of your team"
Sun 09/01/05 at 22:20
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> What does it feel like to be able to eat now?

pukka
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:59
Regular
"8==="
I shot my team and am currently in hiding.
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:50
"I love yo... lamp."
What does it feel like to be able to eat now?
Sun 09/01/05 at 13:44
Regular
nope. In my defence tills are much more complex these days. All the ones we sell are the touchscreen variety that are networked to back office PC's. So it's related to my degree at least.

How long I'll be there I don't know, but I'm enjoying myself at the minute so I'm not too bothered.
Sun 09/01/05 at 00:55
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Did you always want to fix tills for a living?
Sat 08/01/05 at 20:06
Regular
my sides are clearly splitting.

I'm a field service engineer for an EPOS company.
Sat 08/01/05 at 15:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
He's clearly a rent boy
Sat 08/01/05 at 12:06
Regular
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I work overtime almost daily, very occasionally I finish as late as 8
> or 9 and am paid no more for my efforts.
>
> I knew this when I applied though, and to be honest I love this job
> far more than any 9 to 5 I've done in my life. We'll see how it pans
> out.

What exactly do you work as?
Fri 07/01/05 at 19:41
Regular
I work overtime almost daily, very occasionally I finish as late as 8 or 9 and am paid no more for my efforts.

I knew this when I applied though, and to be honest I love this job far more than any 9 to 5 I've done in my life. We'll see how it pans out.
Fri 07/01/05 at 19:39
Regular
"That's right!"
The people who suck up, pretend to work harder than everyone else and volunteer for stuff DO generally get promoted, I've seen it myself.

Hell, being an internet nerd I can do my work at record pace, and not being retarded I actually understand what I'm doing. All my managers notice I do three to four times as much work as most people, but I don't suck up to them, when it comes to management I don't have much respect. I could've volunteered to do this, to do that, I could've been put on this team, on that team, done special work, blah blah blah.

Wait, what's my point again? Oh yeah, I don't suck up, I go in, do my work, come in early (and not do any work) or stay late (and not do any work) only when it suits ME and go home again at the end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.