GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3GHz"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/01/05 at 18:21
Regular
"NULL"
To avoid going OT on that other thread. Prize for whoever get's the highest clock speed with an AMD Athlon or 64-bit (not FX-* :P ). Air cooling only. Must be stable.

CPUz with checksum screenshot to verify.
Tue 18/01/05 at 09:44
Regular
"NULL"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> If it is actually cold, then worry because it isn't seated properly.
> If on the other hand it was cool because it's doing a good job, then
> great.
>
> You still have room for improvement. Clawhammer core? If so, that
> extra cache is probably worth 100 MHz as well compared to a
> Winchester or Newcastle core.

I know it was seated properly, because when it's sitting in my room with the case sides on, the temperature reads correctly - around 40C, and if I overclock, it will go to well above 50-60C at load. And the heatsink is hot too then.

It is a Clawhammer, yes.
Tue 18/01/05 at 09:28
"I love yo... lamp."
If it is actually cold, then worry because it isn't seated properly. If on the other hand it was cool because it's doing a good job, then great.

You still have room for improvement. Clawhammer core? If so, that extra cache is probably worth 100 MHz as well compared to a Winchester or Newcastle core.
Mon 17/01/05 at 23:34
Regular
"NULL"
If it's running at 35C under full load for 15 mins plus at 2.3GHz, surely it should be able to go higher? At idle, the heatsink was lovely and cold...mmm...
Mon 17/01/05 at 19:19
"I love yo... lamp."
Other than some funny looks you mean.

2.5 GHz is doable with increased voltages. Depending on what your cooling is you might need to improve it.
Mon 17/01/05 at 15:35
Regular
"NULL"
Gee, thanks! I'm cr@p at gaming though...I just volunteered my machine as a games server yesterday.

I wasn't sure if you were there yesterday or not, so I just randomly shouted "Tig" a few times to see if I got a response... I didn't. Lol.
Mon 17/01/05 at 15:32
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Nimco wrote:
> I don't think I'm gonna go again though - it's really hard lugging my
> 25kg case the 100yds over to the room!
>

Pfff... lazy student. You think THATS hard? I had to drag a 30KG monitor AND considerably heavy case all the way from Halifax college. Ohh you have to go again, it would be quite satisfying to see your name running around and promptly unleash a flak cannon round or two onto you... :D
Mon 17/01/05 at 08:32
Regular
"NULL"
I know the guy who runs Frag soc.....I couldn't even tell you what a PAT Test is! Lol. AFAIK, they weren't checking, though I did turn up last, so they mighta done it before I get there.

I don't think I'm gonna go again though - it's really hard lugging my 25kg case the 100yds over to the room!

I still reckon I can get my CPU clock speed higher - 2.5GHz maybe?
Mon 17/01/05 at 05:16
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Nimco wrote:
> I had my 64-bit 3200 running from 2GHz to 2.3GHz today. With the side
> panel off, under full load, the processor temp was 34C :) :)
>
> I ran 3D Mark 03 and 05, '03 got me around 7000 and '05 got me 2952.
>
> Also tig, I went to Frag soc today, guessing you weren't there...

Dammit!! I can't go until week 4 - because I haven't had my new screen "PAT tested"... How was it? Were they even checking for PAT stickers? They were quite strict last time...

The reason Im still up now doing this essay is also partly to blame... I might have tried blagging my way in with my non tested screen :P
Sun 16/01/05 at 21:50
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> Thank you. You two poopots. Heh, I didn't know you could paste the
> print screen picture.

I'm either really stupid or missing something here. What on earth would you do other then paste it?
Sun 16/01/05 at 21:06
Regular
"NULL"
I had my 64-bit 3200 running from 2GHz to 2.3GHz today. With the side panel off, under full load, the processor temp was 34C :) :)

I ran 3D Mark 03 and 05, '03 got me around 7000 and '05 got me 2952.

Also tig, I went to Frag soc today, guessing you weren't there...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.