GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suggestions please."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/04 at 09:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Right you monkeys.

I want an online game.
I want it to be playable when I'm drunk / hungover / Don't fancy twitch gaming. Basically no fast action. Counter strike / Hl2 : Dm are great, but impossible to play well whilst refreshed.
I don't want monthly fees.
I don't want an RTS.

Looking ideally for a MMORPG, but free (after initial purchase?) or something slightly different. I remember a sort of rts where you build stuff on floating island a la Project Nomads. Can't remember what it was called though. [edit] found it. Time Of Defiance. [edit2] Pah....Monthly fees............

What's out there?
Thu 09/12/04 at 14:27
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
D'oh looks quite good, can't connect to the servers through the Uni firewall though, dammit.

How do they fund the servers to keep that running anyway?
Thu 09/12/04 at 07:48
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Fozz wrote:
> dude, try tibia. graphics arent great but the game is really good.

Heh, ripped Ultima 7 graphics. Cool.
I'll give it a try. Cheers. Premium areas though, but lets have a look at the basics. :)
Thu 09/12/04 at 07:46
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
cipro wrote:
> Or it's so bad he can't bare talking about it due to the utter
> embracement of mentioning it in the first place :-(

Nah, couldn't download and try it out until I got home. It's Alpha, so buggy as hell, a bit empty and slow, but it might evolve into something quite good. I for one am going to keep an eye on it.

Still doesn't solve my slower paced gaming problem though.........
Wed 08/12/04 at 22:06
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
dude, try tibia. graphics arent great but the game is really good.
Wed 08/12/04 at 21:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Apparently it's so good, Pandaemonium has yet to find time to post how great it is :-)

Or it's so bad he can't bare talking about it due to the utter embracement of mentioning it in the first place :-(
Wed 08/12/04 at 11:12
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Me too.

Any good?
Wed 08/12/04 at 10:54
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> http://www.planeshift.it/about.html
>
> Planeshift. Free download, no monthly fees. Sorted.

Hmm... interesting, downloading out of curiosity...
Wed 08/12/04 at 09:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
http://www.planeshift.it/about.html

Planeshift. Free download, no monthly fees. Sorted.
Tue 07/12/04 at 14:28
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I found the guild wars BETA to be allot more accessible than the usual MMORPG. I loved the co-op angle of teaming up with groups of other people and going on side quest. It can get repetitive, but from what I played, it seems to avoid the long skill grinding of many MMORPG's. Not out till next year though.

One game I really would recommend if Red Orchestra. It's a WW2 mod for UT2004, but it's heavy emphasis on realism (no crosshair for example) means a far more tactical game. The maps are excellent as well, especially one which sees a desperate battle through a huge trench system. One of my favourite mods, and free too.
Tue 07/12/04 at 13:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Played the Beta a few weeks back. Was quite good - very nice looking and loads of people, but it (like any MMORPG thing) I guess would take a while to get into.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.