GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suggestions please."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/04 at 09:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Right you monkeys.

I want an online game.
I want it to be playable when I'm drunk / hungover / Don't fancy twitch gaming. Basically no fast action. Counter strike / Hl2 : Dm are great, but impossible to play well whilst refreshed.
I don't want monthly fees.
I don't want an RTS.

Looking ideally for a MMORPG, but free (after initial purchase?) or something slightly different. I remember a sort of rts where you build stuff on floating island a la Project Nomads. Can't remember what it was called though. [edit] found it. Time Of Defiance. [edit2] Pah....Monthly fees............

What's out there?
Tue 07/12/04 at 09:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Right you monkeys.

I want an online game.
I want it to be playable when I'm drunk / hungover / Don't fancy twitch gaming. Basically no fast action. Counter strike / Hl2 : Dm are great, but impossible to play well whilst refreshed.
I don't want monthly fees.
I don't want an RTS.

Looking ideally for a MMORPG, but free (after initial purchase?) or something slightly different. I remember a sort of rts where you build stuff on floating island a la Project Nomads. Can't remember what it was called though. [edit] found it. Time Of Defiance. [edit2] Pah....Monthly fees............

What's out there?
Tue 07/12/04 at 09:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Lego?
Tue 07/12/04 at 09:32
Planetside? That's not free.

Sim City? You need to think, not an ideal game after drinking.
Tue 07/12/04 at 09:34
Regular
iSketch should be fun.
Tue 07/12/04 at 13:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Guild Wars.
Tue 07/12/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cycloon wrote:
> Guild Wars.

Hmmm, a no monthly fee Swords And Sorcery mmorpg. Good stuff. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.
Tue 07/12/04 at 13:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Played the Beta a few weeks back. Was quite good - very nice looking and loads of people, but it (like any MMORPG thing) I guess would take a while to get into.
Tue 07/12/04 at 14:28
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I found the guild wars BETA to be allot more accessible than the usual MMORPG. I loved the co-op angle of teaming up with groups of other people and going on side quest. It can get repetitive, but from what I played, it seems to avoid the long skill grinding of many MMORPG's. Not out till next year though.

One game I really would recommend if Red Orchestra. It's a WW2 mod for UT2004, but it's heavy emphasis on realism (no crosshair for example) means a far more tactical game. The maps are excellent as well, especially one which sees a desperate battle through a huge trench system. One of my favourite mods, and free too.
Wed 08/12/04 at 09:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
http://www.planeshift.it/about.html

Planeshift. Free download, no monthly fees. Sorted.
Wed 08/12/04 at 10:54
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> http://www.planeshift.it/about.html
>
> Planeshift. Free download, no monthly fees. Sorted.

Hmm... interesting, downloading out of curiosity...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.