GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Mac for only £260"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/01/05 at 10:56
Regular
"and PC user"
I saw in the Mail paper yesterday, Apple are said to be planning a low cost Mac costing about £260. That price would include the CPU, keyboard, and mouse. You just add the monitor of your choice. The code name for this Mac is "Q88".

Even with the cost of a standard LCD desktop monitor, this would very cheap for a new Apple computer. It also says you might be able to use your tv as a monitor.

I would think, if they made it, they would not be able to keep up with demand where it would be so popular.
Thu 06/01/05 at 14:07
Regular
"NULL"
Timmargh wrote:
> Nimco wrote:
> The article is on The Register ...
> [URL]http://go.theregister.com/feed/2005/01/06/apple_think_litigious/[/URL]
>
> I hope they fail with the lawsuit.

Me too.
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:57
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Nimco wrote:
> The article is on The Register ... [URL]http://go.theregister.com/feed/2005/01/06/apple_think_litigious/[/URL]

I hope they fail with the lawsuit.
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm going to buy a PowerMac at $2000
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:05
Regular
"NULL"
The article is on The Register.. [URL]http://go.theregister.com/feed/2005/01/06/apple_think_litigious/[/URL]
Thu 06/01/05 at 12:42
Regular
"Twenty quid."
It's only a rumour, but apparently Apple are suing Think Secret over the fact that they started.

£260 seems a bit cheap - it's rumoured to be $500 in the US, so that'll probably translate to something more along the lines of £360.
Thu 06/01/05 at 11:05
Regular
"bing bang bong"
It would be quite popular, but the quality drop would invariably sully the Macintosh brand. Plus you can get PCs for less than that these days, although they are equally rubbish.
Thu 06/01/05 at 10:56
Regular
"and PC user"
I saw in the Mail paper yesterday, Apple are said to be planning a low cost Mac costing about £260. That price would include the CPU, keyboard, and mouse. You just add the monitor of your choice. The code name for this Mac is "Q88".

Even with the cost of a standard LCD desktop monitor, this would very cheap for a new Apple computer. It also says you might be able to use your tv as a monitor.

I would think, if they made it, they would not be able to keep up with demand where it would be so popular.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.