GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Mac for only £260"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/01/05 at 10:56
Regular
"and PC user"
I saw in the Mail paper yesterday, Apple are said to be planning a low cost Mac costing about £260. That price would include the CPU, keyboard, and mouse. You just add the monitor of your choice. The code name for this Mac is "Q88".

Even with the cost of a standard LCD desktop monitor, this would very cheap for a new Apple computer. It also says you might be able to use your tv as a monitor.

I would think, if they made it, they would not be able to keep up with demand where it would be so popular.
Sat 08/01/05 at 19:31
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Hmmm... wrote:
> *calm down* Tim just joking... :¬)

I'm not one of the usual fanatics!

:^)
Sat 08/01/05 at 19:30
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Chad Niga wrote:
> Haha, as soon as i opened that i could see it was fake, the fonts are slighty better quality
> then the rest of the shot and more in focus. Its an ibook just photoshopped.

Yeah, it looks fake - I posted this before having a good look at them and reading what others thought on the forum I got the link from.

> I think it'll be a phone, magasines have been saying apple are working on mobile phone
> ranges with motorola. £250 odd, sounds about right for a high tech phone.

Motorola have already announced this at the CES.
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:59
"Are you sure?"
gerrid wrote:
> Although at second glance it looks like a cuboid of polystyrene

Guess they are real images then!

*calm down* Tim just joking... :¬)
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:01
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
There's a video??

Edit: oh yeah, didnt see that, why would he hold it like that and kind of move it from side to side?!?
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:35
Regular
He did a good job of editing the video too then.
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:10
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Haha, as soon as i opened that i could see it was fake, the fonts are slighty better quality then the rest of the shot and more in focus.
Its an ibook just photoshopped.

iHome, what a horrible name, they would never call it that.

I think it'll be a phone, magasines have been saying apple are working on mobile phone ranges with motorola.
£250 odd, sounds about right for a high tech phone.

But im just guessing. I have no idea.
Sat 08/01/05 at 15:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Although at second glance it looks like a cuboid of polystyrene
Sat 08/01/05 at 15:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They're very well done fakes.
Sat 08/01/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Timmargh wrote:
> This so-called "headless Mac" could be an entertainment
> center-thing called iHome:
> [URL]http://dms.tecknohost.com/macrumors/i/ihome/[/URL]

General concensus seems to be those pics are fake. :)
Sat 08/01/05 at 00:29
Regular
"Twenty quid."
This so-called "headless Mac" could be an entertainment center-thing called iHome: [URL]http://dms.tecknohost.com/macrumors/i/ihome/[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.