GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Daily Mail spackery"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/01/05 at 23:15
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Only caught a glimpse of this article on the bus on the way home today, but it raised the temperature of my blood by proxy. It's the Daily Mail, as you would expect, and is fronted with a rather bold headline, proclaiming:

"Why I will ignore this afternoon's three minute silence"
by Robert Fotherington-Smythe (or whoever)

Then underneath, I could just about make out:

"Because it's nothing but a goverment publicity stunt, is offensive to those who fought for us and demeans those who died in war."

Nothing but a government publicity stunt? That's all it is? Could your black little heart possibly pump a millilitre of your cold blood to your pea-sized brain so that you might possibly comprehend that it may be considered a mark of respect? To the hundreds of thousands of innocent people who were killed? And the 200 odd Brits, and the families of all those who were affected? Nothing but a publicity stunt?

God damn this paper gets my back up. And you know why? It's not because everything that happens anywhere around the world is sick and wrong and will rape your children, and it's not because its articles are written to cater for BNP-voting half-wits, no. It's because I'm pretty sure these articles are written to provoke just this kind of reaction ie. one of disgust and conflict. No one can possibly think that a respectful three minute silence is just 'a publicity stunt', no one is that stupid.

It's written to rile and offend, and it does just that, as well as stoking the fires of the pitchfork waving masses who'll gladly go out and slaughter the coloureds because their paper says they're eating all our donkeys.

The next person I see reading the Daily Mail and stroking their chin thoughtfully, I'm going to put a shotgun in their mouth, Christie Malry style, and force them to repent.

A publicity stunt. Real sensitive, a*****e.
Thu 06/01/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I'll tell you what. All the people complaining about 3 minutes silence, if there is another 3 minutes next year, you'll have every right to whinge on about it being disrespectful.

To all the people complaining about money being sent, why don't you see it for what it is. A terrible disaster. Swallow the politics for once and put your hand in your pocket for someone who really needs your help at this moment. It's not going to be week in week out. Sure there's poor and homeless in this country but that can and should be dealt with in time (and hopefully will be). If you don't donate to homless charities and are complaining about cash being sent, I don't understand what your problem is in cash being sent in the first place.......

Just a thought, instead of trying to score points off faceless names on forums huh? :D

Anyhoo. Long day. bed calls.
Thu 06/01/05 at 22:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
there wont be one next year though will there
Thu 06/01/05 at 22:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What's the f**king obsession with the amount of time?

Stop being so pendantic and actually feel a bit of compassion for once.

No, I'm not being all overtly sentimental, I'm attempting to be compassionate because it's far better than to be a full-bodied ignorant cynic who couldn't give a toss because they're so cool/far away/indifferent.

'Yeah, 3 minutes is just too much'

Jesus, the EXTRA MINUTE just demeans the war dead.........did not the same war dead die to preserve compassion and understanding?!
Thu 06/01/05 at 22:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The Daily Mail always needs something to complain about.
Fri 07/01/05 at 08:51
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Ashley wrote:
> in a way 9/11 is more tragic than the Tsunami.

Jesus...

What next? A league table of "Disasters of Our Time"? A Channel 4 program hosted by Jimmy Carr with rentaquote celebs giving us their opinion on "The Top 10...Tragedies"?
Fri 07/01/05 at 17:37
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> UrkiE-UK wrote:
> That calculation is completely irrelevant to what we're discussing.
>
>
> Explain how it is irrelevant when it is a direct reply to the
> original post.

Oh, pardon me.

Just difficult to tell.
Fri 07/01/05 at 17:42
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Goatboy wrote:
> Headline today in garage
> "British deaths could treble"

Yeah, I never understand why British lives were considered more valuable than those of people from other countries.

Probably because they're not.
Fri 07/01/05 at 17:45
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Don’t worry. The 'papers' will soon be back to producing real news about how we almost saw Caprice’s buttocks on Celebrity Big Brother.
Sat 08/01/05 at 16:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, they always have been, all the way through.
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:08
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Ashley wrote:
> in a way 9/11 is more tragic than the Tsunami. Whilst the death toll
> was 50 times less and the effect on the quality of life is nowhere
> near as dramatic, it was unnecessary where as at least he Tsunami was
> a natural event

in a way that's contradictory.
surely something is more tragic if it is random (ok so the tsunami wasn't exactly random, but it was natural and there was little forewarning), indiscriminant and unstoppable, rather than unnatural, planned and (worst of all) preventable?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.