GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh. My. God."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/01/05 at 16:12
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
NBA Steet v3 = full of Nintendo characters
NBA Steet v3 = made by EA
EA = skiving crummy basts'

Yeah, it was half confirmed before but now there's a video and everything:
[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7322[/URL]

Why have Nintendo gone through with this?
If they thought there was a gap for such a game why didn't they take the idea of a Mario-ish Basketball game into their own hands? Hell, they did it with bloody baseball.
Thu 06/01/05 at 19:18
Regular
Nintendo let EA make a Mario game.

On paper that sounds like the biggest sell out ever (especially if you read the "angry Yamauchi" topic) but I guess we could give it a chance... :-)

Edit: So it's more like Link in Soul Calibre than an actual game, but still...
Thu 06/01/05 at 18:46
Regular
I just watched the video.

Thought it looked like good fun - the Nintendo characters could be a great extra, and if marketed well, a reason for many to buy the GameCube version. They have to put Toad and Yoshi in there somewhere though.
Thu 06/01/05 at 17:03
Regular
"Underbean"
Oww did you really have to smack me that hard?
Thu 06/01/05 at 17:00
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
bahh, slow refresh rate

:)
Thu 06/01/05 at 16:58
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
chatterbox wrote:
> Well COOKY I think this game looks great, and when you see the new
> mario 128 pictures and videos you'll regret saying mario lost his
> coolness ages ago, because as you can see in these new videos and
> pictures he just got his coolness back!
> [URL]http://www.cooky.youarelame.com/[/URL]

Man! I've tried not to slate you like everyone else on the forum, cos it's generally not a nice thing. But erh!?! Did you not read what I wrote a few posts down.

"Wow, that's the first Basketball trailer I've seen in ages that has made me go, "I want that game, NOW!""

And your comment makes no sense! I said he's lost his coolness, and you go "Wait till his new games come out, then he'll be cool!" Thus stating that he isn't cool at the moment if I need to see his new games! Muppet!

Also, I never said that he won't be cool once again, but at the moment, he isn't at the height of his popularity!

:P
Thu 06/01/05 at 16:32
Regular
"Underbean"
Mario is wicked man!
Thu 06/01/05 at 16:31
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Macintosh wrote:
> So Mario wasnt cool before?
>
> Thats what I have been saying all along.

I think every Nintendo fan here can swear to you Macintosh that they've bought Mario games because they all think Mario is the coolest.
Thu 06/01/05 at 16:24
Regular
"Underbean"
Well COOKY I think this game looks great, and when you see the new mario 128 pictures and videos you'll regret saying mario lost his coolness ages ago, because as you can see in these new videos and pictures he just got his coolness back! [URL]http://www.cooky.youarelame.com/[/URL]
Thu 06/01/05 at 16:04
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well go to a technology-esk Uni where they do courses in Games Programming and the such like, and you'll find more videogame orientated people.

:)
Thu 06/01/05 at 15:02
Regular
"Random by default"
I really must be growing up in a different era to every one else, it so confuses me.

Never once have i had discussions at school about how cool consoles or games are. Infact the only times games at my school were mentioned were:
A) When there was an advert for them or a big named game was coming out (from any console...even PCs)
B) The lesson before the bell was gonna go and when we would all such over to *names* house to play on them.
C) The day after, discussing how someone had managed to duck backwards as a throwing knife just missed them in slow-mo on perfect dark.

At uni its just as bad, talked about Metroid Prime/GTA/Half-life 2 a few times. Then another time was actually having an intelligent conversation on how the majority of gamers dont understand games at all and just buy the ones that look good...and hardly ever playing over 5 hours of them to ever understand what was so good about them!?

After Uni im getting a flat with my girlfriend, please for the love of god name these places (in the UK please dont wish to leave the country just yet :-P) where gaming is cool/popular/whatnot and i cant turn the corner in the streets without seeing someone playing a handheld, where i cant sit down in a resturant without over hearing the other people talking about consoles.

Im fed up of going to nightclub/pubs/talking and having a laugh with mates/playing football with the lads/skating and all this other rubbish PLEASE it must of become so popular everywhere but where i live!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.