GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buying shares."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/01/05 at 15:24
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Hi I am interested in buying shares in an American company called Manhattan Scientifics, how do I go around doing it? By the way I’m only 15 but I can get my parents to do it.
Tue 04/01/05 at 22:57
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Just the way they are worked out arsenide.
Tue 04/01/05 at 22:55
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"buying shares"

"I just didn't get the bit about shares"
Tue 04/01/05 at 22:43
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Wahl, I understand now arsenide, I understand the maths bit of, I just didn’t get the bit about the shares, which I do now.
Tue 04/01/05 at 20:43
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Don't bother trying to explain anything to poopots, he's an idiot.
Tue 04/01/05 at 20:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
poopots wrote:
> How much is a share?
>
> At the moment they are at 0.07 (well that’s rounded up. But I don’t
> know what currency that is in as it is an American company. But what
> I don’t understand is, if there shares go up 10% do I get 10% of the
> money I put in?

It's $0.07 a share, almost nothing, which makes it seem an ideal gamble. Anyway, since you seem to be having trouble grasping the maths here is the gist:

You buy 1000 shares @ $0.07 each Total cost = $70 + fees
Say the shares go up to $0.7 each.

You have 1000 shares worth $0.7 each, total value $700.

When you sell these shares you will get back $700 - fees from an investment of around $70. Nice.
Tue 04/01/05 at 20:15
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
> How much is a share?

At the moment they are at 0.07 (well that’s rounded up. But I don’t know what currency that is in as it is an American company. But what I don’t understand is, if there shares go up 10% do I get 10% of the money I put in?
Tue 04/01/05 at 19:57
"period drama"
My parents have some shares, it turns out they would have got more money back if they put all their investment in a bank.
Tue 04/01/05 at 18:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
you would probably have sold up at 30 - I know I would unless there was something else telling me not to. Investment is like gambling - you have to know when to quit, and you have to start off small, otherwise you lose big and have to play big to get it back.
Tue 04/01/05 at 18:51
Regular
I'd planned to invest 300 quid in a company named British Biotech, but never got around to doing it, when I planned to buy, shares were 3p a piece, 6 months later, they were 60p a piece.

Kicking myself?
No, I got other people to do that for me.

They've gone bust now, but I'd have sold up at 60, easily, because well, I = greedy.
Tue 04/01/05 at 18:25
Regular
A new low for this forum when people start talking about investing their money in shares. I jest :P

It's something I'm interested in, but I dont think it's as simple as picking a company on the FTSE and saying how many shares you want. I'm sure Yahoo! use to do a thing where you could pretend to invest just to see how well you could do without risking any real money.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.