GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Random phone call..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/01/05 at 19:12
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
"Hi, this is Jasmin from 'something' in Los Angeles. You have won a pize.

To claim your prize press 9."

*i hang up*

It was all automated and really random as they rang my old phone...

Anyone had this phone call? Or is it just me?
Tue 04/01/05 at 11:25
Regular
Now Ashley looks insane...

*snigger*
Mon 03/01/05 at 20:15
Regular
obviously, right i am actually going to ignore you again now. and although i am sure its a waste of my energy i'd recommend not replying as i won't read it. have a good life spazzy i hope it is of a higher quality than the six years you have already enjoyed.
Mon 03/01/05 at 20:04
Regular
who me? banned? i think not. I have been on here ages and everyone knows i'm not malicious and that i'm joking. On top of that phil is someone ive spoken to on MSN a fair bit and i think he knows i'm joking. and the :-) was a bit of a give away too.

People don't mind if you have the odd bit of dodgy humour and they'll let you know if you've crossed the boundary, if you're malicious and insulting to everyone then peoplewill dislike you and you'll get banned its failry simple.

amusingly i unignored you to see what crap you were spouting, gonna have to ignore you again!
Mon 03/01/05 at 20:00
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Wait until old Spaz has to go back to school, then he'll act normal again. Until he can go back home and be that cool person on the Internet that he loves to be!
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:56
Regular
when i called your house on you mum's private line it charged me 5 quid a minute! :-)
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:53
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's all an urban myth.

You can't charge anything more than £1.50 a min.
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:51
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> Foreman wrote:
> If you pressed 9, you were connected to a phone line which cost
> £150 per minute.
>
> I thought the maximum was 1.50 or something.
>
> The max is £1.50 a min. They did this to stop people from
> setting up scams with £150 a minute lines!

i heard the max was £20.

there was a cunning legalish scam going on, where people would knock on your door, saying: "my cars broken down, would you mind if i use your phone to call my AA?" most reasonable people say yes, especially when they send a pretty young female in. She calls the premium rate number racking up 3*20 quid for her 3 minute call. Your none the wiser till your phone bill comes though, and legally you can't do anything as you consented to the use of your phone.
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
[URL]http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/12/08/dial_9_scam_snares_wilts/[/URL]

They can't charge you just by you pressing 9. You press 9 to confirm that you're listening.
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:34
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
English_Bloke wrote:
> Why was your old phone with no credit still on? Now that is long-life
> battery.

Because no matter how many times I tell people to add my new number to their phone, they still insist on texting my old phone!

Plus a few important people have that number and may need to contact me.
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:33
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Foreman wrote:
> If you pressed 9, you were connected to a phone line which cost
> £150 per minute.
>
> I thought the maximum was 1.50 or something.

The max is £1.50 a min. They did this to stop people from setting up scams with £150 a minute lines!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.