GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Random phone call..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/01/05 at 19:12
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
"Hi, this is Jasmin from 'something' in Los Angeles. You have won a pize.

To claim your prize press 9."

*i hang up*

It was all automated and really random as they rang my old phone...

Anyone had this phone call? Or is it just me?
Tue 04/01/05 at 18:04
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
We get loads of them, but we cant block them cos my mum works at A&E and there phones are blocked by that number thing, so my mum could contact us.
Tue 04/01/05 at 16:06
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Yeah, you know you do. Don't give me ...
Tue 04/01/05 at 16:05
Regular
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:59
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
I had one from santa.

"Hohoho merry christmas. you have won a holiday to..."

I put the phone down then. laughing of course. I actually thought it was Bullett at first. He usually spends his time ringing us up with a prank voice.
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:16
Regular
"the burning sky"
We get those type of calls, at least 3 times a week. Fortunately we have callerID and never pick up the withhelds, tho' the message just usually gets left on 1571.
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:15
Regular
"Twenty quid."
[URL]http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/[/URL]
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:13
Regular
yeah look in the front of the BT phone directory, there is a number to call and its illegal for hem to call you.
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:00
Regular
Yeah we use to get lots of phonecalls like that. My dad use to play a long, but my mum would just hang up straight away. We put our number down on one of those things where you dont get any calls anymore. It worked we dont have as many but somtimes we get the odd phone call.
Tue 04/01/05 at 14:50
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
:D

It's a good job you mentioned someones name in the last post yesterday or I'd I've been quite lost as well.

Not had this call but in the last fortnight we've had 5 or 6 identical calls saying that someone in our household has won a prize, from a comp entered like 11 months ago, and we need to ring a number to claim.

Last time they rang they caught my other half in a very bad mood. He asked several times for the name of the winner and the specific prize details. All they kept telling him that it was just someone and the prize was like one of 5 different options. At which point he started swearing at the poor chap calling him a liar, and his manager a liar, as he lived there alone and hadn't entered any comps.

It would have been nice if they had given him my name and a specific prize that I'd won. Even though I've not entered any comps that I can remember either.
Tue 04/01/05 at 14:04
Regular
yes, looks, thats it looks...........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.