GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Had to laugh - NDS v PSP ... "past meets future""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/12/04 at 18:35
"High polygon count"
"One thing is for sure, out of the box, the PSP looks very stylish and is a very well-designed concept. Put it next to the NDS and it feels like one of those visions when past meets future."

[URL]http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3545&likref=alert440[/URL]

This is - believe it or not - the first time I have seen a picture of the NDS, and I have to say it looks (to my tastes, anyway) to have all the style of an 80's mobile.

If the original PS2 was Darth Vader's toaster, then the NDS is C3PO's waffle-maker. :-)
Wed 08/12/04 at 18:35
"High polygon count"
"One thing is for sure, out of the box, the PSP looks very stylish and is a very well-designed concept. Put it next to the NDS and it feels like one of those visions when past meets future."

[URL]http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3545&likref=alert440[/URL]

This is - believe it or not - the first time I have seen a picture of the NDS, and I have to say it looks (to my tastes, anyway) to have all the style of an 80's mobile.

If the original PS2 was Darth Vader's toaster, then the NDS is C3PO's waffle-maker. :-)
Wed 08/12/04 at 18:53
Regular
"object"
i like the way the DS looks outside but inside it just looks cheap a ugh
Wed 08/12/04 at 19:35
"period drama"
DS is rather a beast.
But I still love mine beyond words. PSP will (or probably won't) end up as a 'well, I might as well' buy.

You know that looks-wise, the rich moron children will go for PSP every time. I don't quite know how or why Ninty managed to fall down quite so badly, all their other stuff looks lovely.

And Sony have so, so much experience at making things look cool and gadgety.
Wed 08/12/04 at 19:42
"High polygon count"
Mind you, the iPod is no great looker either.
Wed 08/12/04 at 19:44
"High polygon count"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> But I still love mine beyond words.

Are the screens really as small as they seem? From the pictures on the Lik-Sang site, it looks as if both screens combined are smaller than the PSP screen.
Wed 08/12/04 at 19:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
PSP is released (allegedly) in this country on March 25th, 2005. My birthday is March 31st. Guess what I'm going to treat myself to.

That's right, a hooker.
Wed 08/12/04 at 21:40
"period drama"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Are the screens really as small as they seem? From the pictures on
> the Lik-Sang site, it looks as if both screens combined are smaller
> than the PSP screen.

Yeah, they are pretty small.
Each one's about 6 by 41/2cm, but it doesn't really bother me to be honest.
Wed 08/12/04 at 21:43
Regular
"Bicycle"
Eeeew... NDS?

What the hell is up with that? Even the NES controller looks cool compared to that... At least it has colour.
Wed 08/12/04 at 22:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oddly enough, I'd rather play something fun than GT4.
Wed 08/12/04 at 22:49
"period drama"
Same here - something I realised is that, on a handheld, you never want to play a big, involved game. If they made exactly the same game for a proper console, then for a handheld - the handheld one would get nothing near the kind of commitment or patience the big version would get.

I don't know why, but that's how it goes.
I want instant fun - DS shoves it right in your face, PSP doesn't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.