GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anime/Manga."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/01/05 at 11:29
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Just ordered akira and ninja scroll. Any other anime you can reccommend?
Sun 02/01/05 at 11:29
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Just ordered akira and ninja scroll. Any other anime you can reccommend?
Sun 02/01/05 at 12:22
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Trigun
Porko Rosso
My Neighbour Toturo
Chobits
Excel Saga

loads more, but those are supremely ace! especially Excel and CHobits.
Sun 02/01/05 at 12:45
Regular
"I'm Great."
Patlabour 1 and 2 (they come together in a box set)
Spriggan
Tokto Revelation (can be found cheaply so I'd say get it)
Spirtited Away

Two of the more obvious ones;

Ghost in the shell
PerfectBlue.

As for series;

Tenchi Muyo
Neon genesis Evangelion
Martian Successor Nadesico

Also I do agree with Chobits and Excel Saga too. As for the rest suggested by Very Metal I have not seen but have heard good things about them.
Sun 02/01/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Thanks.
Sun 02/01/05 at 14:37
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Naruto.
Sun 02/01/05 at 15:06
Regular
Try some animes that havent been around for over a decade now.

I watched Patlabor 3 last night. My god, I was so disappointed, the first was really good, the second was quite good and a story I could understand. The 3rd, it seemed like a Godzilla movie. I wasnt impressed. I can enjoy a good story it doesnt have to have the original cast or lots of mecha but this story just didnt interest me. Animation and music was great though. I think it was Totoro that recommended the 3rd movie, I havent seen him in ages either.

Chobits I just finished watching the English version, that was fun. My brother is still getting Azumanga Diaoh I havent heard anyone else mention that series on here. I've been raving about the series for months before it was even released here. The dub is okay but I find the Japanese much better.

Shopping Arcade Abenobashi that was good, quite like FLCL in the way that it's so random. The second volume is coming out in a few weeks. It's a good series, I enjoyed the commentary by the English voice actresses.

Another new anime we just bought was Kino's Journey. Not sure if anyone else has seen it. It's like King of Bandits Jing but it's more serious I think. Espcially episode 2 and 4. I was like "Oh my god! WTF?!!?". It's about a teenager, on a bike traveling to different countries, only staying 3 days in each. Meeting new people, new cultures and going by the laws of the land which sometimes go against what Kino believes.

Right now I'm waiting for All Purpose Girl Nuku Nuku (an on anime that was one partially dubbed into English by English people), NieA Under 7 and Battle Atheles Victory. Some good comedy series. But I think most of the people on here are more into the darker or more serious animes like Hellsing, etc.

Naruto I havent seen yet, but FullMetal Alchemist I have. What a great series, cant wait to own that on DVD. I hope Toonami pick it up for their Adult Swim. The movie is coming out in the Summer. The series shouldnt be confused with Full Metal Panic, another comedy/mecha anime which we have quite a few of the DVDs. I like it and the characters.

I noticed Cid Vilante had bought the FF:U volume, it was okay, again not very much like the FF series at all like the last anime. I wish they would do something better. This one though seems more for kids though. We have the first volume I think my brother is getting the rest. I wasnt so sure about the childrens voices. I couldnt tell if the one character was a boy or a girl. I guess it was a boy voiced by a female VA. I am looking forward to Advent Children but I have a strong feeling that even though it has our favourite characters and the graphics look great the story might be crap and seem absolute nothing like a FF story. Way serious, another bad move like FF:TSW. I can kinda guess that from just the clips I've seen so far of it. Still I would love to be proven wrong.

Movies I'd like to see are Howl's Moving Castle and Steamboy. Both are which are suppose to be released in cinemas in the UK. Can't wait to see them espcially Steamboy. Strange how both of them are connected to England so it would be stupid for them not to be released (and do well) here.
Sun 02/01/05 at 15:49
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I used to like Anime movies but I'm not so bothered about them anymore. Ninja Scroll and Akira are good movies, I used to own them, but I only have two Street Fighter movies left now.
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:01
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
What stuff is more in the vein of ninja scroll and akira? More action than comedy?
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:11
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well, the Street Fighter movies are pretty serious. There's some really good fight scenes in them, which is why I held onto them.
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:22
Regular
If you want action films like that then I'm afraid you're going to have to travel back in time 10-15 years ago when Manga Entertainments released them and everyone wrongly called it Manga and not Anime.

That's all in the past, we now have hundreds of animes of all different genres. Mainly comedies though, or atleast those are the ones that get released here. I'm sure in America there might be a few that might interest you. I cant think of many films or series that are like Akira and GitS or Ninja Scroll. Those animes are in the past now. If you want animes with vampires or dark animes then there's Hellsing, Serial Experiments Lain, Boggiepop Phantom, Blood The Last Vampire. Umm I'm sure there are many more but I'm more into comedies and romance and actions with comedy. Like Vandread :D

Almost all those suggested below will probably not interest you then as they are comedies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.