GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/12/04 at 20:23
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Give me some ideas of what you think Nintendo are going to do with their next Generation console?

It's called Revolution so there must be something that'll revolutionize gaming forever so tell me what you think it could be.
Wed 08/12/04 at 20:23
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Give me some ideas of what you think Nintendo are going to do with their next Generation console?

It's called Revolution so there must be something that'll revolutionize gaming forever so tell me what you think it could be.
Wed 08/12/04 at 22:45
Regular
Oh only Nintendo know.

They've given us hints. Such as the SNES was the update of the NES and the Gamecube is the update of the N64... this is the next step in gaming.

Another is that the DS is a hint to what Revolution will offer.

A third is that Nintendo may not be wanting multi-format titles because they simply won't run on this new form of gaming.

Or we could wait 5 months and see.
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:16
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> A third is that Nintendo may not be wanting multi-format titles
> because they simply won't run on this new form of gaming.

Revolution without 3rd Party support? I very much doubt it.

The console would have to be so amazing to be able to survive against the EA fueled Xenon and PS3. And Nintendo haven't been able to amaze enough of the general public with a home console for a good few years.

And anyway, I happen to like my third party games (TimeSplitters 2 anyone?) It would just be wrong :S

But as for what they have up their sleeves.. who knows? Not I. They need to pull something off as "different" as the DS (truly the future of handheld gaming) on a home console platform. And if anyone could do it Nintendo could.
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
i BET you that it will have an Eye-Toy style camera in it.

December 9th 2004

When we find out, come back and look at this post and be amazed by my foresight
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:44
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> A third is that Nintendo may not be wanting multi-format titles
> because they simply won't run on this new form of gaming.
>

It's called 'Revolution' not 'Shoot Yourself In The Face'
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:47
Aha. So exclusive that only Mario, Zelda and Pikmin are worthy of the console.
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
gerrid wrote:
> i BET you that it will have an Eye-Toy style camera in it.

Yeah, thats what I think...but it isn't very Revolutionary.
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:12
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:

>
> It's called 'Revolution' not 'Shoot Yourself In The Face'

A: I didn't say no third party support I said no multi-format games.

B: The DS has no multi-format support, games that appear on the DS and the PSP are very different to eachother. That may be the same case for Revolution.
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:24
Regular
"the burning sky"
Myself, I'd like to seem some type of touch screen GUI built into the console itself. So you dont have to trudge through menus with your controller. Tis Feasible, but not very practical or cost effective.
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:28
Regular
What the hell?

People are discussing the next console already?

Why don't you just focus on the one(s) you have now

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.