GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ipod questions and advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 16:02
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
So i have got some christmas cash left over, and i am think of getting a 40GB ipod, but i have heard rumors that they are, unreliable.

I have also been looking at the Creatve zen touch, which seems good, but the ipod has a certain desire, that makes me want to get one.

Has any one had any problems with them?
Does the battery mess up after a year or so?
does the chip inside go after a while?

Any advice is a help! thanks
Thu 30/12/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Coin wrote:
> Don't let them fool you, they're just jealouse they don't have one.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

> Sure, the lifespan is short, but there are battery packs for that,
> and the new (fourth gen.) have a better one, but even so, it's not a
> big deal - buy a car-adapter? I mean, where are you going to need
> over 10 hours of battery life - and, if you do, just get the battery
> pack, with replaceable AAs. Even trains have plugs now...

So you've gotta buy extra stuff to make them as good as other products?

The differences are even bigger when you see the iPod mini specs and compare them to the ZEN Micro. For £20 less you get 2hrs extra battery life, and extra battery (24 hours life in total!) FM radio + recording, voice recording, 1GB more, store LOADS more songs and for the shallow people out there, it's smaller too!

Plus it's far better and more convenient to have a longer battery life. Sure you won't be needing it for 24hrs at a time but for long car trips and times when you won't have a charger near you it's so much better to have longer battery life! Holidays and long flights for example are times when you'll need it. Ever been on a coach trip to Spain before? If I had an iPod on that trip I would have been bored stiff for most of it!
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:55
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
i puchased a zen touch, haven't had a regret. i don't know why you would want an ipod, it's nothing to do with being victimised in fashion...? at the moment, i'm backing up the pc onto the zen, as it's having a hard time and i'm gonna reboot the pc.
my advise, go for the cheaper one, the zen. although i have to admit i did buy some nice headphones too, sony £25 from amazon, not a bad buy. makes it sound lots better plus you can't hear anything but the music, perfect!
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Bicycle"
phi11ip wrote:

> The differences are even bigger when you see the iPod mini specs and
> compare them to the ZEN Micro. For £20 less you get 2hrs extra
> battery life, and extra battery (24 hours life in total!) FM radio +
> recording, voice recording, 1GB more, store LOADS more songs and for
> the shallow people out there, it's smaller too!

Have to say, the iPod mini blows.
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:31
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I have an iPod, but I'd trade it any day for the one that WookieMonster suggested.

As for my experience. I wouldn't have bought the iPod in the first place. Its battery is awful. I really cant stress this. I have the 4G improved version. It is improved from the 3G, but the battery life is still dreadful.

The sound isn't as bad as some people say. I mean for me, it's smooth un-interferred and reasonably loud.

Haven't seen anything about the Zen Touch, but I don't like how it looks.

EDIT:

Finally I'd mention that unless you're sure you need the 40gig, only get the 20gig. (Personally I have a huge music collection, got the 20 and now need the 40, but I doubt you have enough to fill a 20)

Having said this, only 5 or 6 times a week do I need the full 20gb worth of songs on my iPod, but there is still music that I haven't got on there and I don't want to get bored of my favorite music.
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:33
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Coin wrote:

> Have to say, the iPod mini blows.

Yeah, don't go near them.
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:35
Regular
"NULL"
You might be interested in taking a look at the new Olympus m:robe - due to be released in the UK soon...

[URL]http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_digital_musicplayer.asp[/URL]
Sat 01/01/05 at 17:55
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Nimco wrote:
> You might be interested in taking a look at the new Olympus m:robe -
> due to be released in the UK soon...
>
> [URL]http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_digital_musicplayer.asp[/URL]

Nice.
Sat 01/01/05 at 18:28
Regular
"\\"
$miley wrote:
> So i have got some christmas cash left over, and i am think of getting
> a 40GB ipod

Since when was £300 classed as "some" money?

:S
Sat 01/01/05 at 21:06
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
well, sorry, but i phrased it as that, its my christams and birthday money really
Sat 01/01/05 at 21:07
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
thanks for all your help, think i will got for the creatve zen touch, but you dontget the stuff like address book, n games do you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.