GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ipod questions and advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 16:02
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
So i have got some christmas cash left over, and i am think of getting a 40GB ipod, but i have heard rumors that they are, unreliable.

I have also been looking at the Creatve zen touch, which seems good, but the ipod has a certain desire, that makes me want to get one.

Has any one had any problems with them?
Does the battery mess up after a year or so?
does the chip inside go after a while?

Any advice is a help! thanks
Thu 30/12/04 at 16:02
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
So i have got some christmas cash left over, and i am think of getting a 40GB ipod, but i have heard rumors that they are, unreliable.

I have also been looking at the Creatve zen touch, which seems good, but the ipod has a certain desire, that makes me want to get one.

Has any one had any problems with them?
Does the battery mess up after a year or so?
does the chip inside go after a while?

Any advice is a help! thanks
Thu 30/12/04 at 16:15
"High polygon count"
[URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006OQZNG/qid=1104423310/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-3206034-8580453[/URL]

Smarter, and double the battery life.
Thu 30/12/04 at 16:16
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
Browser Bug?

Attention: There appears to be a bug in the web browser you are currently using. Here are some ways to get around the problem:

To return to the page you were previously on: --click the BACK button on your browser's navigation bar until you reach the desired page.
To checkout --click on the shopping cart icon at the top of the page and proceed through the checkout process using the standard server (instead of the secure server). You can phone or fax the credit card information to us.
Your Web browser is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1).
Go to home page now.
Thu 30/12/04 at 16:17
"High polygon count"
Try again!
Thu 30/12/04 at 16:17
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
na i want info on the IPOD please!
Thu 30/12/04 at 16:19
"High polygon count"
Info on the iPod?

Dodgy batteries, tinny sound.
Thu 30/12/04 at 16:19
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Info on the iPod?
>
> Dodgy batteries, tinny sound.

o ok
Thu 30/12/04 at 17:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Avoid iPods like the plague.

They've got great marketing, but that's about it...

They're overpriced and unreliable as you can't replce batteries once they die, plus the battery life is terrible compared to others. Go for a Zen, or that Sony one.
Thu 30/12/04 at 17:34
Regular
"Bicycle"
Don't let them fool you, they're just jealouse they don't have one.

I do, and I wuv it.

Not sure about the 40GB one, but my third generation 20GB one works great, even a year after I bought it.

Sure, the lifespan is short, but there are battery packs for that, and the new (fourth gen.) have a better one, but even so, it's not a big deal - buy a car-adapter? I mean, where are you going to need over 10 hours of battery life - and, if you do, just get the battery pack, with replaceable AAs. Even trains have plugs now...

And as for sound, it's not actually the iPod at fault, it's those crummy headphones. I have a nice pair of £35 SONY EX-whathaveyou in-ear headphones, and I only need it at around 1/2 - 3/4 volume...

Meh. Maybe you all just have bad hearing.
Thu 30/12/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Don't get an ipod. You can better better mp3 players for less money.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.