GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of my site?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 00:12
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
If you get a chance, take a look.

I've just finished off a little website prototype I've been toying with:
[URL]http://www.yourtrumps.com/button.php?deck_id=11[/URL] - It is basically a game of trump cards. The unique thing being that users can create their own decks.

As for the technical side, it's PHP, MySQL and Flash. I've tried using a bit of CSS, but as I've been using the old fashioned method of tables and 1x1 spacer gif for so long - why break the habit ;-)

If the link's down or slow, it's because it's on my home pc at the moment.
Fri 14/01/05 at 21:38
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
All gamezville stuff scares me :C .

Why'd you have to go and make private decks private for? You spoilt all the fun!!!

And for my next deck, could I possibly request the number id 42? I want to do a H2G2 deck...

My current deck I have run out of ideas... My friend (id 31) recommended a bob the builder one :s. I'm gonna get rid of hooters or scale down stats and I don't know what other bad guys to do...

Ideas would be appreciated.

Oh and if you have bandwidth problems then tis probably my fault as I told all of my class mates and some friends. Haz, flowapotme, ,lottie, danjb, aload of other peeps are all friends of mine...
Wed 12/01/05 at 23:21
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Yep - that gamesville deck wont go live without a bit of work. Scary indeed!
Your deck is looking great by the way - i'll publish it happily when you think it's ready.

The print option is only a work in progress, so I hadn't looked at security.
I've just added it though. Now only public decks, or private decks owned by the person logged in can be printed - so you can still print yours :-)

The print option actually turned out better than i thought it would... even if it does go a little wierd on the printer using firefox :(
Wed 12/01/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Yay!!! Now other people can see my deck before I release it yet!!!

I'm so happy!!! I wonder who made this one, it scares me along with Gamezville [URL]http://www.yourtrumps.com/print.php?deck_id=17[URL].

MeH.'.'.
Mon 10/01/05 at 15:41
Regular
Don't have my printer set up right now, but if someone else doesn't mind trying it...
Mon 10/01/05 at 15:37
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Hey Bullet -
I've yet to add the link to the site, but I've made an option to print out the decks that are created:
[URL]http://www.yourtrumps.com/print.php?deck_id=25[/URL] is yours as an example.
IE6 prints best, but you may have to configure your browser to print background images...
(in I.E. choose 'tools', 'internet options...', 'Advanced', scroll down to 'Printing', check 'Print Background Colors and Images'.)
EDIT: Oh and landscape layout.

This way it's possible to print onto stiff paper (or glue onto card) and play with mates instead of just the PC.

What do you think? Does it work for you?
Wed 05/01/05 at 06:36
Regular
I think I've fixed that - I was messing with the 'reverse' boxes and must have left it a cheaper = better :P

EDIT - yep, now plays on expensive = better. Going to add some more cars later too - and maybe another deck if I have time!
Tue 04/01/05 at 20:41
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
A mate of mine loves the deck - but was wondering why the cheapest cars win on price - his comment was 'Surely the more expensive the better' I guess he's got a point, but I guess cheaper is better too (if you're buying)!
Tue 04/01/05 at 16:55
Regular
Yay, cheers :)
Tue 04/01/05 at 11:34
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Nah, it's still knocking the end 0 off.
>
> I'll tinker with the idea of putting 'k' on the end - but the Merc
> SLR is £343645, making that idea a little hard! I can always
> get rid of the SLR though.
>
> EDIT - the thing is, when editing the cards, the full price is on the
> preview card...
>
> I'm confuzzled.

Hmmm - The actual deck should be like the preview one, so i'll check that out. If it all looks ok in the preview, i'll look to sort it out now.

EDIT - FIXED!

yeah - you can't add letters to the number values or the computer throws a wobbly :-S
Tue 04/01/05 at 11:12
Regular
Gah! I can't put 'k' on the end, it's not having it!

And apologies if I've just submitted the deck for review about 350 times!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.