GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STOP IT NINTENDO"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/12/04 at 20:43
Regular
"rpgfan"
Nintendo have annoyed me over the past year, releasing some of the most childish games and really not giving a toss about how their console does in terms of sales, but this takes the buiscuit. Having just seen this lovely image, '' [URL]http://shop.game.net/consoles/[/URL] '' i was happy to see the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP together, just before war begins, but the picture on the DS's screen seemed to show Super Mario 64, the N64 classic.
Nintendo have just been releasing childish games like Donkey Kong with drums, all the NES classics on the Gameboy Advance. It just seems Nintendo have no ideas left in the games industry and they just seem to be living in the past by re-releasing games that were popular when Nintendo were in their prime.
Come on Nintendo, get some new ideas!
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:48
Regular
Ill-informed moron.
Thu 30/12/04 at 11:19
Regular
if a ferrari was as cheap as ford family cars, i'm sure they'd sale more.
Thu 30/12/04 at 09:00
Regular
"..."
gamer4ever wrote:
> Ok, you Ninty Fanboy, lets see which console sells the most by the
> end of 2006 (If Sony hurry up and release it) I guarantee that Sony
> will be victorious.

Argh. That comment is so retarded it hurts. Just because something sells the most doesn't make it the best. For example, Ford sells more cars than Ferrari, does that mean a Ford is better than a Ferrari?
Thu 30/12/04 at 07:52
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> However, the way things are going, I cannot see very much future for
> Nintendo in the console-manufacturing business. Why? Well, look at
> the GC. At the end of the day, it's a small cute purple cube. It IS
> aimed at kids. Sure, the games on it are good, sometimes even adult,
> but the console looks like a kids toy. Next console generation I
> expect that Microsoft and Sony will steal the show, and Nintendo will
> end up in a position like the N64 - a very small proportion of the
> gaming market. After that they're simply going to be able to make
> more money by releasing games on other consoles that offer a bigger
> audience.

Even if the Child market is a small section of the market it is still a viable option. People are acting like that market is going to dissapear. It isn't, parents are still going to want to buy a nice "Safe" console for their younger kids, a console that has more appropiate yet good and fun games on it. They are in trouble, but not that much trouble.

OH and to whoever said that they have stopped caring about their sales. WHAT, lets just think about this for a moment, a plc that has shareholders to please and profit to make is just going to stop caring about sales! That simpley would not happen
Thu 30/12/04 at 03:20
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
People, get a grip! Believe it or not, Nintendo is in trouble. At the same time, it's important to remember that the company will never collapse - games like Zelda and Mario will always sell.

However, the way things are going, I cannot see very much future for Nintendo in the console-manufacturing business. Why? Well, look at the GC. At the end of the day, it's a small cute purple cube. It IS aimed at kids. Sure, the games on it are good, sometimes even adult, but the console looks like a kids toy. Next console generation I expect that Microsoft and Sony will steal the show, and Nintendo will end up in a position like the N64 - a very small proportion of the gaming market. After that they're simply going to be able to make more money by releasing games on other consoles that offer a bigger audience.

And it makes sense - why battle it out in the console market, when they can just pump money into games development and target better games (and more of them) at a bigger audience.

But the real issue behind the problem is the lack of 1st and 2nd party software. It simply is not enough to have one AAA game every year - I'd much rather see a console that had a range of good games, with a few stunners over a console that had a few more stunners but lacked elsewhere. Nintendo themselves are doing well making some class games, but without any major support they just can't hold a console up any more.

Finally on the issues of making consoles, Microsoft and Sony have so much more might behind them to create better consoles at lower prices - Nintendo does not have that kind of money. Why not simply stand back and work on a platform that's more powerful and easier to develop games for?

On to the handheld market..
If Sony keeps it strategy of making a machine aimed at all kinds of AudioVisual wonders (such as film playback) and Ninty stick to pure game playing, then there should be no problem. They're 2 different areas aimed at 2 different price ranges.

SonicRav
Thu 30/12/04 at 02:21
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Chipseh wrote:
> Chad Niga wrote:
>
> The thought that nintendo dont give thought about sales,
>
> I'm sure, deep-down (like every company), they do.

that is why i follow that little bit of sentance there, with.... "Is obsered"
>
> they are probably better at advertising and marketing out of
> sony and microsoft.
>
> You what?

They are probably better at advertising and marketing out of sony and microsoft.

You use to be cool man, you used to be able to read.
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:17
Regular
JFH wrote:
> Legendary Link wrote:
> Is making a new 3d oot style Zelda being inovative? or just creating
> a sequal for the sales? in other words, playing it safe.
>
> I could say the same for San Andreas but then you'd argue that it has
> been given many extra features, etc. that Vice City didn't have just
> as I imagine the new Zelda will have a wealth of new features
> expanding on the ideas from OoT.

I'd actualy say that San andreas spoilt the gamer, that jet pack should never have been so easy to obtain, along with other extra features, it made a mockery out of the other GTA games, where i'd get thrils over finding a so called ghost town or painfully learning to fly the dodo, while feeling like i've got loads of freedom, but also being tied down to 1 city with limited abilities, gave the game a better structure and ultimately better feel. in my opinion. In GTA:SA u are almost god, which, is'nt the purpose of the game.

Will the next zelda build? maybe inovation being horse battles, but apart from that i would say it looks like its gonna be the usual item dungeon structure.
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:09
Regular
"0228"
Legendary Link wrote:
> Is making a new 3d oot style Zelda being inovative? or just creating
> a sequal for the sales? in other words, playing it safe.

I could say the same for San Andreas but then you'd argue that it has been given many extra features, etc. that Vice City didn't have just as I imagine the new Zelda will have a wealth of new features expanding on the ideas from OoT.
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:06
Regular
about the sales, i've said it before, but, a past example, the recognized console manufactoror's console that was sega's saturn sold more than the ps1 at launch.....
The recognized handheld maker, nintendo, and the DS is selling more then the PSP at launch......
And i agree with the point that Nintendo have gone a bit un-inovative, and also giving their top francises to 3rd party developers to make aint great.
Is making a new 3d oot style Zelda being inovative? or just creating a sequal for the sales? in other words, playing it safe.
Wed 29/12/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Chad Niga wrote:

> The thought that nintendo dont give thought about sales,

I'm sure, deep-down (like every company), they do.

> they are probably better at advertising and marketing out of
> sony and microsoft.

You what?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.